“clean, comfortable and good value”
Review of Days Inn Williams

Days Inn Williams
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Sydney, Australia
“clean, comfortable and good value”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here with 2 teenage children to break up the trip to the grand canyon. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Although the hotel is in the budget range it was very well set out. No restaurant at the hotel but there is a Denny's next door with a very comfortable lounge/bar area to relax in after dinner. We recieved excellent service from both areas

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
williamsdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
We want to take the time to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are extremely satisfied that you enjoyed your stay here at Days Inn Williams. Here at Days Inn Williams it is our goal to satisfy each and every customer that comes through our doors. It is our hope that you would stop by again when you pass through Williams again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 23, 2011

From Las Vegas, I stayed at Days Inn Williams on August 21, 2011 one night with my family for the next day's trip to the Grand Canyon (I did not have reservations). The sparkling clean, community indoor pool and Jacuzzi alone were worth the price as they provided an evenings worth of entertainment for my family. The expansive morning breakfast and computer with free access to the Internet was icing on the cake. The rooms were nice. The hallway carpets are a little dingy and they could gain a lot in appearance merely by re-staining the hallways side of the doors to the rooms. Originally, I was charged $89.99 for the room, $11.02 room tax, $1.50 for a safe (which I didn't request or use), and $0.19 for safe tax. After checking out, I realized I wasn't given a $9 AAA discount. I was told that since I checked out, they couldn't adjust the bill, but if I gave my email address the manager would give me the AAA discount and email me new invoices. On arriving home a few days later, I checked my email and, to my surprise I received $9 off my bill AND they took off the $1.50 safe fee and $0.19 safe tax (without my even asking). If you are traveling and looking for a night of family fun and honest, trustworthy owners, this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were happy with your stay with us here at Days Inn Williams. We do our best to be honest with every customer and provide a family friendly atmosphere. We like to strive to having one of the cleanest indoor pool and spa in Williams AZ. We know how important it is to provide a clean hotel for each customer that decides to come to our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April. We were there for one night and although its not exactly nearby, its a good compromise if you can't get a room in a hotel near the canyon itself.

I've been to the GC a few times and have always stayed at a hotel within a few miles of the canyon but due to my late reservation, I was only able to get a reservation in Williams (60 miles from the GC) - its a decent hotel with free breakfast and free internet with nearby shops/restaurants etc.

It's expensive for what you're actually getting, but then all hotels around the GC areas can pretty much charge what they like as there aren't many alternatives!

If you're willing to wing it a little there were motels etc much nearer the GC which had rooms available but they never came up in my searches when I was looking for places to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Although we are 58 miles from the Grand Canyon, Williams is where the famous Crand Canyon Railway is located. Which is a great alternative to driving to the Grand Canyon. We also have tours to the Grand Canyon that we can recommend and even book for you at the front desk. I hope if you ever need a night to stay you will be sure to stop by again and we thank you for your positive review.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed here for a spring break trip to the Grand Canyon. Great place to stay for a canyon trip; Williams is a quaint Route 66 town just off I-40.
The hotel rooms are pretty standard but are clean and comfortable. Everything in the rooms was working well.
Lobby staff is very helpful and friendly, breakfast is good. Didn't have a chance to use the pool/hot tub.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
We are happy to hear that you where satisfied with your stay here at Days Inn Williams. At the front desk we do our best to greet every guest with a friendly attitude and ensure that all their needs are met. We hope to see you here in the future.
notts
Reviewed April 13, 2011

stayed here 10 years ago whilst on a road trip across the west coast.It still remains my favorite hotel, welcome you with a smile ,great room and pool area.Ample parking and a Denny's next door with a bar ,so i could have a bud after a long days drive Bliss!
The staff are as always polite and make you feel at home ,even at ten at night my wive and daughter in their p.js surfing the free pc in the reception.Will return hopefully not be 10 years next time

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed March 29, 2011

When making reservations online, request a room away from the elevator and the stairs and you will get put UPSTAIRS, RIGHT BESIDE the stairs to listen to people dragging their luggage bumpity,bumpity, bumpity all night long up and down the stairs because of NO ELEVATOR. We had to ask for another room and this one had an old air-conditioner/heater that allowed a view of the outdoors through three different holes. I knew because of its age that we would both probably get sinus infections if we turned it on so it stayed off. The clothing rack was hanging badly askew. Poor lighting in the dingy bathroom. The room just had an unclean feel about it. The coffee machine and juice machine were out of order in the breakfast room. Biscuits were stale and crumbly. I threw mine out after a few bites. This and one other hotel in our itinerary (also a Days Inn) have cured me for life from any more Days Inn Hotels. I had my doubts before making the reservation and should have listened to what my head was telling me. The only redeeming feature in this hotel was the sweet front desk clerk who doesn't deserve to work in a place like this. Sorry to have complained so much but there wasn't really anything on which to compliment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly (thank you Amanda)! The room was nothing to write home about but the indoor pool and hot tub (when there was snow outside) definitely were. Breakfast was varied and offered healthy options. The staff definitely went the extra mile for everything!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple