“Great modern day restaurant with great food and service !”
Review of Kicks on Route 66

Kicks on Route 66
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kicks is a bar and grille serving lunch and dinner along with Sunday brunch. With a wide variety menu, everything is made in house and locally sourced.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great food ,great service in this large restaurant. It may lack a little atmosphere as it is in a large room . It could do with being broken up into smaller units. Classy place which was very clean and would love to have a place like this close to my home . One of the better places I have to on our holidays.

Sally O, Owner at Kicks on Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

We all thank you for the 5 star review! It is our pleasure having you. We are working hard, and it sure feels great when people notice!!

Again, we truly appreciate that you chose us!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate there for two nights. The staff is very friendly. Too much light inside the restaurant, but all together, it is a good and affordable restaurant.
I ate the lamb on day one, and steak on day two. Portions are enormous, as it is usually is in USA.

We thank you for taking the time to review us at Kick's on Route 66. We are new! It feels great to get such great reviews already! We all put in many hours day and night working so hard to make Kick's a great place to eat and drink.

You have so many choices, we are truly honored that you chose us!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went and ate dinner at this new restaurant and it was fantastic! When we first walked in I couldn't believe how wonderfully decorated it was! The colors and the art work is amazing. Definitely one of the best looking restaurants I've seen. Not only was the decor amazing, but the food was phenomenal. We had the fire bringer wings (the homemade sauce was to die for), the 66 burger, and the Salmon. The food was so fresh and so flavorful. I definitely want to go back there again. It's my new favorite restaurant!

What a great review!! It feels so wonderful to know that you choose us as your new favorite restaurant and that you get and appreciate our concept!!

It is so nice to be able to read such kind reviews to our amazing staff. They all take such pride in Kicks. I could not ask for a more loyal staff and without them, this would not be possible.

We hope to see you again should you ever be in Northern Arizona in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am so happy that we stopped here before heading back to our hotel. We were tired and a bit disappointed by a rainy experience at the Grand Canyon, but our meal definitely helped make up for that. There were eight of us (including three kids) and we were seated promptly. We ordered the traditional wings and jalapeño kickers to start. I was a bit worried because the wings don't have different heat levels to choose from, but they were absolutely perfect! Just the right amount of heat and not too much vinegar, which is a pleasant change from a lot of other restaurants. The kickers were amazing as well. The prickly pear sauce gives them a nice mix of sweet and spicy. I did try one that was a little too hot for me, but my mom loves spicy food so she was more than willing to help me out with that.
Our main dishes also came out in a timely fashion, especially considering how many of us there were. I got the Sonoran stuffed chicken which is stuffed with a mix of goat cheese and poblano peppers and has a roasted corn sauce on top. The chicken was juicy, cooked perfectly and the goat cheese and pepper stuffing amazing. I'm a sucker for roasted corn and the sauce definitely did not disappoint. It added just the right touch to the whole thing. My hubby had the half rack of baby back ribs and he was in heaven! He is very hard to impress and he just loved the Asian style bbq sauce on the ribs. He deemed them tender, juicy and incredibly flavorful. My sister had the ribeye and my dad had the New York steak and they were both cooked perfectly. My sis let me try a bite of the ribeye and it was delicious. Great beef flavor and super juicy! Mom had the Pollo Semilla de Calabaza, which is basically chicken with mole sauce, and she was very impressed with the rich flavor of the sauce. All of the entrees came with yummy mixed vegetables, except for the ribs which came with a great coleslaw, and a choice of one side. Most of us got the garlic mashed potatoes, but mom got the sweet potato puree and hubby got the fries. All of them were delicious! My son ordered the spaghetti with bison meatballs and my niece and nephew got the PBJ sandwich and grilled cheese sandwich. The sandwiches were huge and the meatballs had great flavor. We often find that it’s still pretty rare for restaurants to use organic ingredients so we really appreciated the use of organic ingredients in the kid’s meals and the option of organic regular and chocolate milk as well.
Our server, Julian, was attentive and friendly and great with the kids. We often find that servers either tend to hover and check in too much, or are inattentive and distracted. Julian did a great job of making sure to check in with us after we got our food and kept our drinks full, but still gave us space to enjoy our meals. We went back to our hotel satisfied and decided to stop there again for lunch the next day before heading back to Cali.
The next day for lunch, we were again seated quickly. We decided to try the chips and salsa as a starter this time and we were happy we did. The chips and salsa are made in house and the salsa had great flavor and just the right amount of heat. I was surprised to see that they offer a banh mi sandwich and decided to order it. I was not disappointed! The bread was soft on the inside and had a nice crusty outside. I’ve had banh mis before where the bread left the roof of my mouth all cut up and this one was just right. The pork was flavored with wonderful Asian spices and the daikon and carrot pickle added a nice crunch. Hubby opted for the French dip sandwich with au jus. Again, my hard to please hubby loved his food. The beef was tender and the au jus full of rich, beefy flavor. The bread was also just right, soft in the middle with a nice crisp outside. My dad ordered the bison burger which had mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes mixed in and was topped with avocado. It was cooked perfectly and he loved the flavor. It was nice to see that the bun was the right size for the burger and it held together even though the burger was quite juicy. My sister got the Bill Williams salad which had slices of grilled beef, poblano peppers, cotija cheese and corn and came with a chipotle ranch dressing that is made in house. She had never had poblanos in a salad, but she said the combination was delicious. All of the ingredients tasted fresh and the dressing had a nice kick to it. Mom got the spinach salad and added grilled chicken to it. It had goat cheese, avocado and bacon and came with an amazing house made citrus vinaigrette. She loved that it had a generous portion of goat cheese and said it’s one of the best salads she’s ever tasted. All three of the kids decided to repeat their entrée orders from the previous night and again, were quite happy with what they got. Our server that day was Sierra and she was really sweet and attentive. She even checked with the kitchen when my picky niece decided she didn’t want any of the sides that were offered on the menu and told us that she could give my niece a side of watermelon instead. Of course, that meant the boys now wanted watermelon for their sides as well and Sierra was happy to oblige.
Since all of our food had so far been fabulous, we decided to go ahead and order a couple of desserts to share. We had the Mexican chocolate brownie and the Elvis. My favorite was the brownie sundae, which had pecans and chocolate ice cream, all topped with chocolate sauce. It was wonderfully rich and chocolaty without being at all overpowering. The Elvis had some amazing moist banana bread, vanilla ice cream, walnuts, bacon bits and a peanut butter chocolate sauce on top. My sister and mom loved this one and would each have gladly ordered one just for themselves, but you know…gotta maintain that “girlish figure”.
All in all, it was a fantastic experience. We will definitely be recommending this place to friends and family and anyone who is planning to be in the area.

Dear Luciana T, we are so happy to hear of your wonderful experience with us. It sure does feel good to read your review to my staff who absolutely takes ownership in Kick's. Without them, we would never be able to do this!

We are very new, and still trying to work out all of the kinks. In a small town it is extremely challenging to find great employees, but we have been blessed! Thank you!!

Please come back and see us again soon,

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went with husband and two boys under ten. Very friendly staff, quick service and good quality food - great steaks! Great value.

Dear Lushlisa, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review us at Kick's on Route 66. We offer high quality, fresh, locally sourced and house made menu options. I am so happy to know you see the value in this! Many of our ingredients are organic, everything is made fresh in house, even our mayonnaise!

Again, thank you so much! It was our pleasure having you and we hope to have you again some day!

Sally Olson

Been to Kicks on Route 66? Share your experiences!