“One of my most favorite.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtowner-Rte 66
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“One of my most favorite.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This Motel is a total surprise. Contemporary, clean, very comfortable and a great value. It has been one of the nicest stays I have had, and it is in a very unassuming building in Williams AZ. You wont go wrong booking this room. Convenient to all the fun things Williams has to offer!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank weathersmetcalf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Madisonville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family was on a motorcycle (bike) trip out west and the Rodeway Inn & Suites was our second stop along the way to the Grand Canyon, what a delightful place. There were 7 of us so we took two double queen rooms both rooms being very nicely updated with a contemporary design and nicely decorated. Having a very nice spaceous bathroom and seperate sitting area with a flat screen tv that was great because you didn't keep others awake if you stayed up longer. We all loved the sitting area outside the rooms it was very comfortable with nice seating to watch as people strolled along route 66 enjoying the shops and entertainment along the way. The train was close but not a bother we did not hear it once we went to bed. We were from Kentucky and use to hearing trains going by.

There was a free continintal breakfast across the street at The Lodge in the morning that was very nice with plenty to eat both hot and cold foods. The staff was so friendly and hospitable taking extra care to see that we all enjoyed our stay and had everything that we needed.

We enjoyed it so much that we made a reservation and stayed again on our return trip back to New Mexico and the second experience was just as nice as the first. So when you are traveling through Williams, Az. Please be sure to check them out if you are planning to stay over night we all assure you that you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: " Very nice rooms with very comfortable beds "
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tim B
Xalapa, Mexico
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Me and my family just showed up, no reservation, looking for a place to spend a night on our way to the Grand Canyon. What a pleasant surprise to find this town and this Lodge. Friendly and helpful owners (same as the Lodge on Route 66 on the opposite side of the street), clean rooms and facilities and above all, a nice atmosphere that exceed our expectations. Highly recommended for a family stay!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mlalvarez
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First and foremost, if you are considering a trip to the Grand Canyon I very highly suggest staying in Williams! It is a cute, cozy, friendly town and my girlfriend and I very much so enjoyed it. However, this is not a review of Williams, it is a review of the motel, and I really wish I could give it more than 3 stars. I'll start off with the good. This place has the exterior that makes you feel like it would be a motel from in the golden age of route 66 (and I say this in a good way!) and the interior of a nice, updated motel. The rooms, of course, were not overly spacious, but it's a motel! We had a nice king sized bed and a well sized bathroom, and our room felt nice and clean. The hotel (and the town of Williams) is in a great location for visiting the Grand Canyon, as well as continuing on a road trip heading westward (as my girlfriend and I did following our two night stay). In typical motel fashion, we were able to park right in front of our room, providing both convenience and a sense of security. Lastly, I found the price of the motel to be quite reasonable and affordable. Sure, there are cheaper motels out there, but I doubt they all possess the cleanliness, sense of security, and proximity to the wonderful town of Williams that this one does.

So those are all the reasons why I really, really enjoyed the motel... now here is why it only gets three stars. First, the wireless internet did not work once while we were there. The only location the WIFI worked was in the motel office/breakfast area, and while we could have sat in there with our laptops, the area closed at 10 PM, and frankly felt that we should not have to exit our room just to use the internet. We picked up the WIFI signal in our room, that was not the issue... the issue was that the signal we were picking up just could not connect to the internet. Don't know why this was the case, and apparently the hotel staff did not either as they were unable to help. Additionally, the television signal was weak and fuzzy... not a big deal really, just something to take note of. Lastly, I understand that housekeeping workers work very hard (or SHOULD work very hard) and receive little in regards to a paycheck. I also realize that many travelers do not tip the cleaning staff. That all being said, I found the presence of an envelope inviting a tip for the housekeeping to be very presumptuous and off-putting. For these factors, I can only give this place 3 stars.

The things that bothered me may be perfectly acceptable to others, and thus, I would not discourage anyone from staying here. It is still reasonably priced and clean, my two most important factors when selection hotels to stay at, and I really do wish I could give it better than 3 stars... maybe 3.5 would be more accurate. I would stay here again, as I really did enjoy my stay in Williams, and it can be difficult to find a fair priced, clean motel at times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gournal3311
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I chose this motel based on other reviews and I was pleasanty surprised. At first sight it does not look a very attractive place, quite a small dump in fact. But the rooms are a good size and were clean and comfortable. It was possible to sit outside and enjoy the evening air - as long as one didn't mind road and rail traffic in very close proximity! The first impressions of the breakfast arrangement were also poor but although the space was limited (nowhere near as bad as some places we experienced) the breakfast offered a reasonable choice.
The motel is within easy walking distance of downtown Williams with its good choice of souvenir shops and restaurants. Williams is a fascinating place - it lives on its closeness (about 60 miles) to the Grand Canyon and nostalgia for Route 66 (the longest surviving section is not far away).
One should be aware that a busy railway passes close to the motel and although nostalgic, the sound of train sirens (they can be heard a loooong way off) in the middle of the night could be annoying for some people. One should also be aware that the driving directions given on the website are inaccurate in that there is no vehicular access from the eastbound side.
Value? Well, cheaper than Tusayan hotels but with much more limited facilities. Somewhat more expensive than silmilar motels elsewhere. They clearly add a premium for location.
In summary, a perfectly adequate basic motel with limited facilities but in a very convenient location.

Room Tip: I doubt if any rooms avoided the noise from road and rail traffic.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
worcester
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Please ignore one of the recent bad reviews for this motel, it is impossible to compare this to the suites on offer in hotels in Las Vegas or complain about the size of the rooms when the main purpose for many travellers trips is for a one or two night stop over
We stayed in a two bed connecting room for one eveing to cut the journey time to the National park, throughly exceeded expectations,
the hotel room was exceptionaly clean (and i have high standards!!) we didnt plan on having much to eat on the evening solely because we thought restaurants etc would be few and far between, this was not the case, Williams has Italian, mexican, diners etc..... so had a wonderful mexican meal in the local bar - great fun!!
the motel grounds fairly basic as you would expect but for those that smoke there was a pretty cool cigar bunker with cigars etc on offer
there was a flat screen tv in the room and fridge and parking right outside the motel rooms
the drive to the canyon national park takes approx 1hr

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank looboo500
South Ayrshire
Reviewed May 22, 2012

For Inn & Suites read 'motel'. If this place was in the UK they would be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act. We booked here because it was the only Suites that we could find in Williams. The living area is about 10ft by 12ft with two chairs (one with no arms). The only television is in this space so it is not possible to watch TV in bed. The bathroom is good - in fact it is much bigger than the living area. For what you get I consider it very expensive - we have cancelled the rest of our stay here and booked into Howard Johnsons at two thirds the price - all we are losing is one armchair. Having just come from Las Vegas and Laughlin where Suites really are Suites and also much cheaper, we consider Rodeway to be a complete con!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Survey0r
RodewayDowntownerMgr, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtowner-Rte 66, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
As the owner of The Rodeway Inn and Suites, I apologize for your experience. We would never want someone to feel “conned”. We have very accurate descriptions and photos of our rooms on our website. How did you book your room? Was it through a third party booking site? If you read the small print on third party booking sites you will notice it says room types are not guaranteed. We have spent tremendous time and energy in upgrading our rooms and preserving a historic route 66 property. Our motel is an original Route 66 motel and some room layouts are unique and were influenced by the original configuration. Our website includes very accurate descriptions of all rooms. Many of our guests enjoy staying in a historic motel that has been totally modernized and renovated instead of demolished. Perhaps your review is meant for the site through which you booked your room. As a traveler myself, when I have specific needs, I’ve learned that booking direct with a property or through their site will insure I understand the specifics of the room I am renting.