“williams rv park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Grand Canyon Railway RV Park
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“williams rv park”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here with my husband in a rented rv check in was straight forward ,so once we had everything set up we realised we only had 3 channels on our telly. So we told the girl on the desk she said it was getting fixed, all the time we were there it was not fixed so she lied to us. The showers and restrooms are very clean quite close to your neighbour aswell its all about the money

Room Tip: Stayed in a motorhome but the site was clean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oak Park, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here one night as we booked tickets for the train to Grand Canyon the next day. Stayed in RV with 4 children (8,7,6,4). Check-in was organized and fast. Site was clean. Would have preferred grass but not a big deal. Also, by staying at the RV park you have privleges at the Grand Railway Hotel for their pool and exercise room. The showers and laundry were very clean, not crowded and I felt comfortable. It's a short walking distance from town, railway hotel (food), and to the train. Great for what we needed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a reservation for two nights, and added an additional night. The ladies in the office were very nice and accomodating. The park is very clean--and most importantly--had great bathrooms and laundry :)! The spaces are a little close, but easy to get in and out of. Nice playground area with basketball, fun to meet other families! Easy drive to the canyon, and a fun little town to visit. We did find that prices were a little inflated in Williams. But the campground was a very good value! People that complain about the trains... ummm, Grand Canyon 'Railway' RV Park? Would definitely use again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently stayed here on our way back home from California and it was the highlight of the rv park experiences for us! Beautiful park, great location, friendly people, and the most fantastic little town you could hope for. The sites were wide and flat with great hook-ups and very easy to get in and out of. About the only issue I had with the park is that it's a bit hard to get to (no good directions on any map online we could find) and they required the use of pads beneath your jacks. In and of itself that's not an issue, but I wish I'd have known about it ahead of time....many folks might not have been as prepared as we were.

All in all, I couldn't recommend this place more highly. If we're ever back that way again, we'll most certainly stay at this park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rockport, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in June 2013. The personnel were excellent and they even offer a shuttle should you need it for just about anything within the park. The main street of Williams is within easy walking distance and there is a "shootout" every night along the main street. The shower facilities were the best of our entire trip. The railway to the Grand Canyon is within the park (hence the name). Next time we are in the area we will definitely make it a point of staying here. The kennel was very clean and the process of checking in and picking up our dog was quite easy. One note though....catch the shootout on the streets of Williams and skip the show prior to the train ride...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carl H
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

...except for the wifi - it doesn't exist if you are an RV. I even tried walking towards the hotel end of the park with only a teaser of a possible connection. The ladies in the store are very nice but do not have real world working knowledge of anything that is not a pull thru site. Be careful as our girl tried to direct us down the road the wrong way for backing in our 5th wheel.

We liked the facilities as they were all paved and flat with no grass. I know that grass looks nice and has some value for heat dissipation but all it really is used for is doggie do-do sites so no worries about this as long as you don't travel the doggie walk. I have a dog so I know of my lovely pet's faults. We traveled the doggie walk and amazingly she used it appropriately and I dutifully picked up her turds and deposited them in the do-do receptacle.

We travel without kids so took the train ride into the park and had a great time. Walked the town and had great brisket at Cruiser's (Route 66) the next day. Even did laundry. Nice to stay in a place without evidence of long term residences.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank thepoodle
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed here at least half a dozen times. You can easily just pull off the freeway for a quick overnight stay. It is very easy to get to with your big rig. Basically, it is a huge paved parking lot. Note that they do require you to put pads under your jacks (a good practice). The sewer hose must be elevated. All the typical things that we "should" do, but sometimes don't for one reason or another. The people are friendly and accomodating. Arriving late is easy.

The park is about a block or two walk to the hotel where you can enjoy all their amenities (pool, hot tub, exercise, etc). The town, which I love, it about 4 blocks away. Just walk a few blocks south and you will see a grocery store on your right and, when you look left, you will see old route 66. When I eat out, I eat at the 50s diner which is quite good. Split a burger with your spouse because the are yummy and HUGE. The other places that are on the main North/South road (mexican and italian) are pretty bad. Walking along route 66, you will find fun touristy shops, coffee shops, and interesting places to take pictures. What a great place to walk. Bearizona, about 15 minutes up the road was fun too. Driving through wild animal paddocs with a 40' diesel pusher was something I won't ever forget. There was plenty of room and it was easy to cruise around to look at all the animals.

This town does get weather, so 50 percent of the time we have had wind, rain, thunderstorms, or snow, so be ready if you are there in the off season.

Explore the train station, it is really fun. We didn't take the train ride up to the canyon, because it is really expensive as I recall (2 adults, 2 kids over $200?), but the gift shop had interesting items. They also have a HUGE steam engine out front for great photos!

That's all I can think of, but I travel I-40 all the time and try to make this one of my stops

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family