“Red Raven 9/21/12”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Fraser
“Red Raven 9/21/12”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went here on a recommendation from the bar tender at the Grand Canyon Railway and the #1 rating on Trip Advisor. Made a reservation for four but the place was not that busy for a Friday night at 8:00 p.m.

Two of us had the NY strip, one had the pork with the cilantro pesto, and one had a shrimp salad.

The NY strips were not like back east. They were thinly cut and grisly. Should have sent them back. The shrimp salad was okay and the pork was dry with a "cilantro pesto " garnish that looked and tasted like it came out of a tube at Meijer in the midwest. The lobster bisque was okay but didn't stand out.

One notable standout was the chocolate mousse. Very good. Oh and the bottled beer.

Very disappointed based on the reviews. I make better steaks in my backyard on the grill.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Drive USA 2012”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel we stayed in as the best in town. We turned up without making a reserevation and the place was full but the owner asked if would be prepared to wait 15 to 20 minutes for a table to become availble and have a drink at the bar? So that is what we did and it was well worth the wait. We were seated at a booth where the service was prompt and very friendly. The food was not long in coming dispite the number of people in the restaurant and it was excellent - and I do not say this lightly, it was fantastic. You will have to drive a very long way to get a better meal that this and in fact remained the most memorable meal in the two and a half weeks we were in the USA on this trip. They also serve local beer which you really do have to sample. The character, the atmosphere and the food were all brilliant. If you can, call in advance to make a reservation, especially on public holidays and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ray m
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
“red raven”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

being a pasta lover this is the place to eat. not your typical burger joint but a real upmarket restaurant.

Visited September 2012
“Great place for dinner!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We didn't get the best waitress.. But everything else was excellent! My husband and I had the Chinese rolls w chipotle sauce as our appetizer (DELICIOUS!!), and the shrimp pasta for our meal. Highly recommend both!!

Seattle, Washington
“Quality dining on old Rt. 66”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Having been referred to the Red Raven by my motel manager since I was looking for good vegetarian options, I was happy to find that this restaurant was close by, nicely appointed, with friendly staff and some decent options for me. The price was a bit more than I was planning on spending (on a tight budget), but it was a great value for the money I did spend, so I'm glad I ate there.

It was a Sunday night, a little chilly and drizzly, but even so, downtown Williams was busy! Lots of foreign visitors for the Grand Canyon (where I'd spent the day), so it was nice to hear the different accents and languages being spoken near me. I liked the look of the place as I like a dim restaurant for dinner, and it smelled good! I was seated and brought some delicious, fresh-out-of-the-oven bread with nice, soft butter. The menu has plenty to satisfy the meat eaters and a few vegetarian options so I was happy. I chose the Red Raven pasta dish chock full of vegetables and portobello mushrooms. It was HUGE and I had to take half with me! Very fresh ingredients, nicely seasoned and there was plenty of extra freshly-grated parmesan when I asked for more. I love veggies, so I could have had more and less portobellos, but since the dish was a portobello specialty, I wasn't disappointed. It was delicious. The server was really sweet and accommodating, always pleasant and seemed to really enjoy working there. I had a nice dinner salad that was fresh and the Italian dressing tasted house made (I forgot to ask about it) and was quite good, and just the right amount. I passed on dessert as I was stuffed, but saw some on other diners' plates and they looked great! The place was nicely busy for a Sunday night, but not overly so that there was anyone waiting. All seemed to be enjoying their meals given the laughter and conversation and I heard from folks across the street in the shops that it was a popular place. Give the Red Raven a try; it was great!

Visited September 2012