All reviewsoldest hoteldifferent themeshared bathroomnautical roomprivate bathcarriage houseromantic roomparis roomauthentic hotelpick your owngrand canyonrooms sharecommon roomstep back in timeceiling fanmodern conveniencesdecorated differently
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This historic hotel is wonderful! Each room is decorated differently and each has its own character, they are cute and very clean. Amy and Oscar (Cito) the owners are terrific and helpful people! I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for the complete experience when seeing the Grand Canyon. Nothing like seeing the Arizona West and staying in a hotel that gives you the whole experience package and I'm an Arizona native. I will definitely take my next out-of-town visitors there to stay when we book our next Railroad trip to the canyon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2012

If you dont want covention,but do like good service and great location,u hhave arrived! Every room has a theme,ours was romance,quirky romance!we had a bath(some rooms share) big clawfoot,no shower though.young owners,trying hard! Coffee in am.lpts of stores and restaraunts.good place to sleep before heading to grand canyon.If you dont need a marriot and kinda want to relive Kerouac this is for you! Fun,clean,funky.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Call the manager Oscar the grouch. Not a nice person. Was very rude, and insulting. When I asked for more coffee, he made a comment that I had already drank a pot, (which I hadn't) and that McDonalds up the street had more. He complained my boots were too loud, due to the wooden floors. He complained about the "people" who went to the bar across the street. Just a bad experience.

Rooms are sparse. Shared bath in Hallway was not very nice. Cheap furnishings.

Stay away!!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank G R
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This has been on my mind since my October visit a year and a half ago. First--I loved the hotel and the Blue Room overlooking Rt. 66. I felt like Miss Kitty in Gunsmoke--that was the aura of the room and little hotel. There was a cat downstairs too, which I loved!

BUT--I checked in with my African-American girl friend. I am a female too but Caucasian. The owner (a gentleman) who checked us in pointedly looked us over and asked (ver batim)--"So....how did you two hook up?" At first I thought he was not happy because he thought we may be gay---but we are not AND we each had booked our own room.

Later, I pretty much came to the conclusion that he WOULD NOT have asked how two traveling white girls would have "hooked up". I know how conservative Arizona is and am happy to say this was the only prejudicial vibe we received during the week we visited. A friend of mine is thinking of visiting with her husband but they are an interracial couple and, honestly, I hesitate to recommend this property.

Room Tip: The rooms over-looking Route 66 give a very Westerny--Bonanza/Gunsmoke feel!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Foamergirl
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hotel was easy to find (Williams is a small town) and centrally located. Check in was slow as there were hoards of families in the lobby. Check-in staff very friendly and helpful. Room was large enough and comfortable for two adults. Heat in room worked well. The low temps in Dec. were in the teens. Shower diverter barely worked. Most of the water went into tub via spout, not up to shower. Staff seemed geniunely concerned about fixing it. Dinner at Grand Depot Cafe was mediocre, but breakfast was excellent. All in all a very nice overnight for the adults and kids. Parking lot too small.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family