“Rundown”

Flintstone's Bedrock City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Flintstone gang invites you to spend an hour or the entire day with them at Bedrock City. We have an array of fun activities including our Theme Park and Gift Shop. While you're here you can spend the night in our Campground. Join Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, and all the Flintstone characters in a fun and entertaining adventure.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you are a big fan of The FIinstones, by all means go out of your way to come see this. Other than that, it's old, rundown and weathered to the core. The upkeep isn't existing so everything is just falling apart. I wasn't very impressed for the price I paid to get to see the town. Cool, but not a jaw-dropper.

1  Thank branceb
There are newer reviews for Flintstone's Bedrock City

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place was cute to stop and take pictures of the kids. However, it is getting quite old and rundown. They definitely need to clean up.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Looks like a cheesy tourist trap, and the gift shop does have its share of garrish souvenirs. But the burgers and fries in the restaurant were great. It was a cold day, and there was a fire in the fireplace. Reminded me of Custer, SD and the Bedrock City of my childhood. When I said that the waitress said "That's where we got some of this stuff!" Wowzers. A good place to eat after visiting Planes of Fame.

1  Thank Mom_with_Teenagers14
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Bedrock city was in a state of disrepair- it is old and run down and may have been pretty cool many years back but is in need of a serious facelift. It is kind of odd and a little creepy, if you are into that kind of thing, but not terrible for the small five dollar entrance fee for adults. If you have children it would be a good time for them although the hornets nest atop the post office was definitely not family friendly. The food at the diner was not great but filled the bellies of my husband and I. You wouldn't be missing much if you drive straight through... Save your $5 and take the kids to Bearazona.

2  Thank JessicaLeigh615
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Over 30 years ago on a trip to the Grand Canyon with my parents and my two sisters we stopped off at Bedrock City. It was amazing. All 3 of us kids thought it was the coolest place on Earth. Flash forward to present day and I'm taking my daughter to the Grand Canyon for the first time. After visiting the canyon I couldn't wait to take my daughter to the Bedrock City park so she could have the same experience I did when I was a child. I should of known what we were in store for when I saw what kind of horrible shape the sign out front of the establishment was in. After paying our entry fee we proceeded outside to the back of the building. That's when we seen just how badly the owners have let the place fall apart. All of the buildings had doors missing and had graffiti carved into the wooden tables. The wooden cars were so weather beaten the tires and steering wheels had cracked and broke apart. The cars were just left there for kids to sit in even though they were in shambles. The statues of the Flinstone characters were in horrible shape. The "train" ride wasn't working though two employees were sitting in it doing absolutely nothing about it. Things were broke and missing parts in every building. The owners should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get this bad. It should be against the law for them to even charge people to enter the park. Knowing what kind of shape the park is in now I would NEVER suggest any of my friends let their children visit this place. It honestly could be hazzard to them. It's just a matter of time before one of the roofs collapse on someone while they're inside. The law needs to step in and shut this place down. Not only could someone get hurt but they are ripping off the public every day that it remains open. They have taken a beautiful childhood memory of mine and basically spit on it. I felt so sad for my daughter to have seen it looking this way. Hopefully she can forget we ever visited the place.

6  Thank Charles S