“Nothing special, nice salsa, wacky gift shop.”
Review of Pancho Mcgillicuddy's - CLOSED

Pancho Mcgillicuddy's
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our party of nine were seated quickly and drink orders taken. The food itself was really nothing to write home about. The kids' menu cheeseburger was devoured by one child, but cheese quesadilas were all left by another, as was rice and beans. Service was standard if a little slow (and the dining rooms were full). There is a fascinating gift shop though, and it is worth visiting just to see the weird and wonderful items including tacky souvenirs celebrating this venue's fun Irish/Mexican heritage. Maybe start with a beer here and go elsewhere for dinner?

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Seemed to have more bar than restaurant, altho' there were lots of tables.
Service was fast and courteous
Now the food...the DH had enchiladas, he said they were very good.
I had the taco salad, it was good and huge, but it almost didn't have any Pico de Gallo and I am pretty sure the menu said "grilled mushrooms" (love 'em), none to be found. Not worth complaining about, but still...

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very strange combination, but really works out. Nice bar selection and delicious food! The staff was friendly and perfect walking distance to most things.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are on our family vacation, staying in Sedona (Village of Oak Creek). On July 24, 2013, we took a day to drive up to the Grand Canyon National Park, staying on the South Rim. We had packed a picnic lunch and thought we would be back at our hotel by dinner. However, we stayed longer than expected, taking in the breathtaking vistas, riding the shuttle buses and fighting the crowds. As a result, we didn't leave the Grand Canyon until after 6:00 PM, taking US-180/AZ 64 south. The kids were pretty hungry by the time we hit I-40, so we decided to continue south to Williams to check out the restaurants (not McDonalds).

We had no idea about the historical nature of Williams (Route 66) and enjoyed seeing all the tourists taking in the spectacle. We were looking for a Mexican restaurant that was fairly busy (usually a good sign) and decided to stop in at Pancho McGillicuddy's. We were seated right away (around 7:00 PM) at an outside table so we could listen to the live music. Paying $2 for chips and salsa was a bit of a bummer, but our meals more than made up for that. Our server, Dara, was attentive, helpful and fast. The live music was great (70's and 80's covers) and helped create a fun atmosphere.

My son and I ordered beef chimichangas ($14), daughters ordered enchiladas ($12) and taco salad ($13) and my wife, the drunken fish tacos ($15). My chimi was THE BEST I've ever had. Period. My daughters enjoyed their meals, although not as much as my son and I enjoyed our chimis. My wife's fish tacos were so fantastic, she refused to share them with us. This was a fabulous dining experience!

It was so much fun finding this unexpected jewel. We did not order dessert as we wanted to try the pie across the street at the diner. BTW - gratuity was not added to our bill and I gladly added 20% for the great service, atmosphere and food! I would definitely come back.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Best margaritas in town. Nadia made us the best margaritas and made us feel like family. Drop in for chips and salsa and stayed for dinner. Thanks to Nadia for great service.