“Pretty Good Tacos”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, IL
“Pretty Good Tacos”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped here while in Williams because we got a discount from the motel and the name sounded fun/different. (We're on vacation, why not?) This was our first time and I know the reviews are saying it is a tourist stop, but you know what? Williams is a tourist town!
Anyway, we ordered the chips and salsa, and yes you have to pay for them, (I knew that based on the other reviews), what I wish is that the server would have said something about the charge. After we were seated he asked if we would like chips and salsa, of course we said yes. (after reading the reviews about the charges, this seemed a little sneaky. It was only $2, not really worth arguing about, but I think they are banking on that. Again, sneaky.)
I ordered carne asada tacos, and my daughter got the classic burger. The burger had a good beefy flavor, the fries were really good. The black beans were pretty good, the rice was ok, (not the best, not the worst) the tacos were really flavorful and had a lot of meat on them. The asada was nice and tender and there wasn't any chewy pieces. I'd definitely order them again.
The price? A bit on the high side. $10 for a burger and $11 for tacos. I would say they are about in line with any big city or small tourist town for a sit down dinner. Overall, I thought the food was a good quality and the service was nice. We'd come back again.

Lampasas
“Good time”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in Williams about 6 years ago and had a blast at Panchos, so we decided to stop there again on our way to Vegas. It hasn't changed a bit except for the prices. They have an outdoor area or you can sit inside. At about 6 oclock the entertainment starts. I don't know his name but he plays the guitar, harmonica and sings and he is very good. He was also there 6 years ago. I can't say much about the food, we just had hamburgers which were good but we were there primarily to have a couple of beers and listen to the music. I don't know if it is because I am 6 years older but is wasn't as much fun as it was last time.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“This place has really gone downhill!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We live in Arizona so sometimes our travels take us up north to or through Williams, gateway to the Grand Canyon. Williams itself is a funky historical town which features a lot of Route 66 memorbilia. The town has great little gift shops and some great restaurants, and Pancho McGillicuddy's used to be one of them, but no more! We just stopped there this past Sunday, June 2, and couldn't believe the changes. The patio is still a great atmosphere, but we were shocked to learn that they no longer offer chips and salsa on the table to munch on while you wait for your food. They charge for chips and salsa now! We've never encountered a Mexican restaurant that charges for chips and salsa, and we eat at a lot of them throughout the State. The prices have gone up but the quantity of the food has diminished, in our opinion. We ordered a chimichanga and it was OK, but we were surprised at the size... roughly a little over half the size that we get when we eat in other Mexican restaurants. I ordered a glass of merlot and again, the wine glass was not even half full. The server was friendly enough and the patio musician was good, but we will not be going back there again.... seems like it's just gotten chintzy, so we don't think it is a good value for our money,

Bullhead City
“Nice Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Caught a whiff of something being grilled and followed our noses to this eatery. The grill is outdoors as well as a band, very cool. We enjoyed a few Margaritas and a good dinner. Staff was friendly and the service was fast. Would eat there again.

Visited May 2013
Heber City
“Route 66”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food and great service..the price was $ i recommend this restaurant if you are in Williams AZ. Got seafood enchiladas for 11.00.

• Visited May 2013