“Great Place”

and 1 more site!
The Lodge On Route 66
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights and it was a great place. Front desk people were pleasant the breakfast was good. We took the train to the Grand Canyon from Williams AZ. Everything is within walking distance and the town of Williams was wonderful.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you are going to the Grand Canyon.
1  Thank RETIRED0711

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The friendly girl at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting an amazing place for dinner in town after arriving there after 8pm.

Rooms were quite comfortable and the free continental breakfast was a huge bonus.

It's about an hours drive to the Grand Canyon village.

The little town of Williams was such a joy to explorem very quaint.

Would recommend the Lodge and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the lodge in the middle of our two week vacation. It was nice to enter the room and see a table and chairs, love seat and chair then a separate room for the bed and bathroom made us feel like we were staying in a home instead of a hotel. Did not use the fireplace but it was a nice touch. I was a little apprehensive when our room was right next to the main road but after closing the door and turning on the fan you could not hear anything from the road. They had a decent continental breakfast which I was not expecting so that was a great plus, short walking distance to all the shops in Williams. We would definatly stay here again. Small side note eat at the Red Raven a little pricey but great food, everyone in town recommended them and we were not disappointed, ate there twice.

1  Thank Jana C
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting the grand canyon and loved it. Stayed in a king suite which was huge and comfortable, the lady at front desk was very friendly and helpful. Easy walking distance to everything in town. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in a suite for two nights so we could visit the Grand Canyon. We selected it based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I have many good things to say about the place, but since the air conditioning vent was on my side of the bed, everything is pretty much overshadowed by that.

The air conditioner is in the wall a couple of feet off the ground. The bed occupies the entire room. As the A/C cycled on and off through the night, I was constantly awakened by the arctic blast blowing directly onto my head. I had to erect a pillow barrier on top of a chair which I dragged in from the kitchen since there was no nightstand on my side of the bed. That helped significantly, so I'd recommend that before you go to sleep if you stay here.

I told the young woman at the front desk about it and she said the A/C issue is the same in every room and there is nothing they can do about it. Maybe other reviewers mentioned this and I just didn't notice, but the interference with my sleep was significant enough that I would not stay at this hotel again, unless it were a time of year when no A/C was needed.

Another issue I had with the suite is that it has a huge kitchen counter, refrigerator and microwave but no sink. So you have to trot back to the bathroom to make coffee. I'm not saying that they advertised the room with a sink, I'm just suggesting that when you pay a lot extra for a suite with a kitchen, you expect a sink.

OK, now that I am done with the griping, this is a very nicely remodeled little hotel. The suite has a very comfortable sofa and chair and there is a separate dining table and what I will call a half-kitchen. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had two sinks and a spacious counter, which was very nice for the two of us.

Everything was very clean, well decorated and pretty. Each room has a little bench so you can sit outside if you want. There is a little community area in the center of the courtyard/parking lot, which is covered and inviting. The people were nice. The WIFI worked well.

The location is great and Williams is a cute little town to spend a night or two while touring the canyon. .

The breakfast was not much force, but that's often the case with a complimentary continental breakfast so I never hold that against a hotel. If you want coffee before 7am, there's a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed there for one night. We were a grandmother, a 30-ish couple and 2 toddlers ages 3 and 4. We stayed in the Pontiac Room, which had 2 queens in 2 rooms, a frig, sitting area and nice bath. The beds were very comfortable, the location was great. Grandma and the little ones went home early and the others stayed out late and came in without bothering us because we were in the room with a door. We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: The Pontiac Room was great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for one night at The Lodge while visiting the Grand Canyon. The rooms have all been updated and are clean and decorative.
The only negative for us, was that we found the bed to be quite soft although this is a personel thing so others may be fine with it.