“Lacks Consistency (Follow-up review)”
Review of Cruisers Cafe 66

Cruisers Cafe 66
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come dine on Historic Route 66 in Williams, Arizona. This 1930's filling station turned cafe is in the heart of Downtown Williams! We offer smoked BBQ beef, pork and chicken. Full bar and an adjacent brewery.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Lacks Consistency (Follow-up review)”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is not the first time that I have been to Cruisers Cafe. The first time, last November, is reviewed elsewhere, consider this a follow-up.

My friend and I pulled into Williams. Being from Russia, I thought that a visit to Cruisers was in order since we were in that part of Arizona. Both of us ordered the BBQ Brisket sandwich. I have had this dish before and always considered it very good. When it was served I did notice some significant differences not just from the last time but between our two plates.

Mine was served with less than two ounces of briskets, in fact there barely enough to cover the bottom of the bun. My friend's sandwich, while not piled high, had significantly more. Both sandwich's suffered from a lack of sauce so ask for more as it is very flavorful. Both top buns were dried out, both bottom buns were soggy.

I was served enough regular french fries to fit in a good sized handful. My friend had ordered the sweet potato fries (which were excellent!) and received enough to fill a basket and were pretty much falling off the late there were so many.

Cruisers is the type of restaurant that you go to for the experience first and the food second. I recommend their burgers as they have always been superb as are their shakes.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Riverside, California
“Great ribs”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The food and the local beer were first class...the fact that the extractor fan was not functioning when we arrived so the place was very smoky is the only reason I is not give a 5 (the problem was solved about 5 min after we arrived. Josiah provided excellent service and was very engaging (a 5/5)

Nags Head, North Carolina
“Good Burger... great atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

50's theme... route 66 theme BBQ place.burger was good but expensive... gift shop has everything rt 66 theme. Eat outside on patio or inside.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Great BBQ and Great Service!!!!!!! : O )”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Happened to be in Williams for a trip to the Grand Canyon and had an evening to eat before leaving and we were attracted to this place by the burning BBQ outside and the local beers which are brewed next door! ETHAN our server was informative and helpful and really made us welcome and recommended one of the best BBQ meals Ive had...The Steak in Bourbon Sauce was a winner and the local beers fantastic!!!!!!
ETHAN and Cafe 66 thank you for a great night!

Portland, Oregon
“Great place, great beer, great patio, awesome servers”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had some really good beer in this lovely place, and watched nice old cars drive by along the old Route 66. The beer is brewed next door and is very good. I personally had a few Pale Ales which I would recommend to anyone. Mychal and Ethan were our servers and were attentive and chatty, good job guys! We will be straight in here next time we're in town.