“Absolutely terrible”

Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come dine on Historic Route 66 in Williams, Arizona. This 1930's filling station turned cafe is in the heart of Downtown Williams! We offer smoked BBQ beef, pork and chicken. Full bar and an adjacent brewery.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

By far the worst place to get a meal in Williams. My beef ribs were so fatty that they were unhealthy to eat. My wife's half chicken was under-cooked and she didn't even touch it. Everything on the menu was full of fat, and I'm no health nut either. For me to say that it must have been really bad, believe me it was. I should have known better because last time we ate there two years ago the food was just as bad, but it was only one of the few places open that night and we rolled the dice again. On our way back to the awesome Best Western at the west end of town, we stopped by a gas station to get some snacks because we were still hungry from not being able to stomach that horrible food.

1  Thank 51randy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,376)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I took my girlfriend here for lunch. We were promply seated but that was it ... Another group of 6 were seated at the table next to us. They got their drinks before us ... We decided to wait for 5 minutes ... That was the end for us ... We got up and left as no one came back and took our order... The food looks good but the prices seemed too expensive ... I Will not return!

1  Thank Randal T
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food was very good (rib eye steak with blue cheese), the beer was very nice. Everything was perfect until I got home and realized that I was tricked. I did not check the bill carefully at the restaurant and that was my mistake - I was there with one friend only (two persons total), however the waitress put "0" as a number of guest, which resulted in 18% service costs (this is a standard service cost for number of guest above 5). That's a rip off - I gave nearly $10 tip, plus there was this extra tip (service cost) on the bill of another $10 which I didn't notice and I didn't agree to it! AVOID THIS PLACE!

4  Thank Jan H
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here a few Friday nights ago and it was pretty busy. They did seat us quickly though. The beer was pretty good. I had the raspberry ale, delicious! Food and prices were decent. The reason for the 3 out of 5 is because at the end of our meal we waited, no exaggeration, almost 20 minutes after they took our finished plates for the ticket! It was a good experience until then. I probably would not go back.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped in here for some appetizers and a beer after a day at the Grand Canyon. The beer was good, it was their craft brewed Pale Ale. The appetizers were OK. Looking at the menu, it is pretty high priced. Atmosphere is textbook classic Route 66.

Been to Cruisers Cafe 66? Share your experiences!