“Overpriced Meal in Former Gas Station”
Review of Cruisers Cafe 66

Cruisers Cafe 66
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come dine on Historic Route 66 in Williams, Arizona. This 1930's filling station turned cafe is in the heart of Downtown Williams! We offer smoked BBQ beef, pork and chicken. Full bar and an adjacent brewery.
Palatine, Illinois
“Overpriced Meal in Former Gas Station”
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This cute spot was recommended in a guide book so we made a special detour off Route 40 for lunch on the way from the Grand Canyon back to Las Vegas. They have a large outdoor dining area with a huge half-barrel type grill they were firing up for some sort of barbeque. We were too early for that, so we dined inside, among lots of Route 66 memorabilia and old gas station pumps, cart parts, etc. Great oldies music set the mood for a fun lunch.

We were disappointed that the burgers only came in 1/2 lb size and the kid burgers were only 20 cents less that the adult burgers. My daughter and I split one and could barely finish it. I was disappointed in the quality of the meat which was full of gristle and quite tough. The curly fries and onion rings were excellent, however.

The kids wanted ice cream off the kids menu and went to the counter to order it. Although they asked for the kids size scoop in a cup, rather than a cone, we were charged for a waffle cone! The lame excuse from the server was that in order to have ice cream in a cup, you have to have the larger scoop!

We felt taken advantage of by this restaurant with it's high tourist prices ($7 for onion rings?). Also, the town has very high taxes, over 10% on restaurant dining. I understand they have a limited tourist season, but I am sorry we stopped there. $45 for lunch for three burgers, one soda, onion rings and ice cream was more than we enjoyed spending considering the service and food quality.

3 Thank mary_228

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Mesa, Arizona
“Cruisers is all new inside and great food.”
Reviewed February 25, 2008

Had a great meal on 2/24/2008 and the place is clean and new on the inside. A great route 66 stopping place. I recommend this place as one of the top 3 places in Williams to eat.

1 Thank bob234
Flagstaff
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Just dropped into Williams and strolled into Cruisers. The waitress told us that they had just spent three weeks renovating the entire place. Totally has that 50's-60's style diner feel. Service was awesome! Food came out real quick and was one of the best burgers I've ever had. My girlfriend got the cajun chicken sandwich and loved it. I don't know what happened with the other reviewers, but my experience was fantastic. The brewery was also great. They let me sample all of their brews and they were all incredible. Got to meet the brewmaster. Free pool table too. I would recommend this place to anyone who goes through Williams. Definitely better than Poncho McGillacuddys!!

york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant diner”
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I simply cannot believe the poor reviews entered here for the Cruisers Cafe. My wife and I visited this place September 4th 2007 whilst staying in Williams. We had no complaints whatsoever. The service was good and the BBQ ribs mouthwatering. Drinks service was quick and we had no problems with the staff. The shop selling Route 66 souvenirs inside the cafe is also worth a look. We would certainly return to the Cruisers Cafe on our next visit to Williams.
Max T from England

1 Thank docmcoy
London
“Avoid ! Avoid ! Avoid ! Avoid ! Does That Say It Enough”
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a person at the bar of our hotel. BIG, no HUGE Mistake, as it later transpired that the guy at the hotel was actually a plant from the restaurant. this should tell you enough.
I went there with a group of 12 others, and after waiting at the bar for 30 minutes, we were offered a table.
The starters which did not contain the items shown on the menu arrived after the main course.
The service was shoddy to say the least.

The owner ( A tall conceited pre-pubescent football jock) was arrogant to the point of nausea when confronted about the service and food, and simply explained that at the tender age of 22/23 (I can't remember exactly) he owned the bar, restaurant, and other establishments which no doubt preyed on the unsuspeecting tourist.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

5 Thank unsionn

Been to Cruisers Cafe 66? Share your experiences!