“Very cute local place”
Review of Rod's Steak House

Rod's Steak House
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, NY
“Very cute local place”
Reviewed October 2, 2006

This is an old school steak house, so suspend your desire for anything gourmet, but for what it is, it was great. I tried the signature grilled steak with sugar, which I found too sweet, but the rest of the food was well prepared, and my boyfriend's steak was good (in other words, go basic).

What I really liked was the ambiance. I was nervous walking in that Rod's would be totally cheesy. Of course, most of the establishments in town cater to tourists, but I'm really not into the Johnny-Rockets-style-neo-poodle-skirt-diner scene. Rod's seemed very for real to me. The history of the restaurant (printed on the placemat) provided lots of information about the founder, and also the new owner, who was a busboy who worked his way up through the ranks for years-- I found this very touching.

My favorite thing about Rod's is the dishware-- all 1940s style with custom printed cattle around the edges. And every, every dish set down matched, from the coffee cups to the butter pat plates to the credit card tray. They were adorable, and you can buy them in you want to take some home with you.

I found Rod's to be more laidback and truly route 66-y than some of the louder establishments on the strip.

2 Thank amhz

North Pole, Alaska
“It was good the night we were there”
Reviewed April 18, 2006

We ate a steak and fish there. It was delicious, and presented very well. It was a bit expensive, but we thought it was worth it. The atmosphere is dark and wonderful. We wanted dessert, but we were too full. When we got back to the motel, the owner asked us how we liked it. We told her we had a great time, and it was delicious! She said that sometimes the place is hit or miss. I guess we hit it on a good night!

1 Thank brandyspam
Dumas, Texas
“Not that hot!”
Reviewed February 6, 2006

The food was ok. It was not that great and not that tasty. If you like your medium rare steak burned and cripy than this is the place you want. However the server was awesome. She took care of us right away and when we had the problem with my steak she handled it very quickly. She gets a thumbs up but the food two thumbs down.

2 Thank TexasDumas
Midwest
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed April 5, 2005

I ordered their signature sugar coated steak and it was brunt and tasteless. Typical small town supper club, but no one in my party had anything good to say about their food and the prices were high for a small town.

3 Thank Minnstars