“Rod's Sucked”

Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Williams
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We were told by a friend, it was the best place he every ate. What a mistake this place was. We all ordered Prime Rib. Worst Prime Rib of our life. Order Medium Rare and came Rare!!!!!. Waitress never came back to see if everything was okay and never checked to see if we wanted more cocktails. Very overpriced for the nasty food they give you. Potato was cold, could not even melt the butter.

Reviewed May 7, 2008

Stayed in Williams and was dissapointed one night, finding a place to eat wasnt so easy but Rods is a well known establishment.. well known for what i may ask after eating here.
Was a party of 10 adults and out of 10 only 1 was said to be totally satisfactory although 3 or 4 of the steaks was ok Ribs no they were cold and missing out on the meat 1/2 Chicken fried to a crips or cinder think the later. The fries were fried like an hour or two ago cold and like a brittle crisp. Drinks order messed up too this wasnt going to be a good night Shame but time to time it happens.
But what was to follow was damn right dispicable. After commenting on how the meal was presented i think we were first offered from a $300 +$50 gratuity bill a $18 discount. After saying it was thought that that wasnt enough the bill was looked into again so again discounted this time was was told ok $240 in total that was duley paid, but upon going towards the exit we were chased by the femael owner who was rather rude and more so aggressive in attitude asking for the $50 tip. This was totally refused as agreed a bill of $240 and the gratuity should be for a gratifying service and meal, and this was neither not by a long way.
After returning to our hotel talking to a couple of locals we were told yes was a very good restaurant but now no they cut corners and are known for bad service and meals.
Give this a wide berth is my advice.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2008

A very nice steakhouse in a quiet (in April anyway) town.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I read the reviews and decided to go to Rod's for dinner. What an utter disappointment!. I ordered the filet and it was tough and stringy. I seriously doubt that it was a filet because it was so tough and full of fat. My wife ordered the charred steak and it was tough and a poor quality of meat. Neither of us finished out meals. They asked what was wrong and I told the server that my steak was horrible and to take it away. He did offer to replace it but after two bad cuts of meat we were over it and we declined. I cannot recommend this restaurant, sorry.

Reviewed December 27, 2007

Took a trip to the Grand Canyon and stayed in a hotel across the street. It was cold, so my girlfriend and I made our way to the closest dining place, which was Rod's.

The atmosphere was exactly as I expected from a steak house: Dead animals on the wall, log cabin vibe. It was a little loud and felt a bit crowded, but that didn't bother me because the steak was on my mind at the time.

We were surprised to see how much variety of steak this place had. They had plenty of steak dishes and stuck to their name. And our meals were tasty. Oh man, we loved it! Even the sides were prepared well. The prices were pretty fair. We didn't break the bank, but it wasn't a trip to McDonalds either. I think we had $15-20 meals.

My only "beef" with the restaurant was when I went to use the rest room, the toilet did not have a door on it. Some little kid walked in on me sitting down and I got a little embarrassed.

Great steaks, though. If that's what you're looking for, that's what you'll get.

Been to Rod's Steak House? Share your experiences!