“Wonderful Camping Area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Kaibab Lake Campground
“Wonderful Camping Area”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

As I am writing this review I am sitting at site #12 at Kaibab Lake. Campground is spotless, sites are gigantic (you could put 3 long travel trailers in my spot), nice view of the lake, and the camp host went out of his way to accommodate my needs. I understand that the fishing is quite good- hope to find out later today. If you are traveling in the area you won't be disappointed. My wife and I will return.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank jerrydevan

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

No amenities are offered, but we really enjoyed our time here. We were back with nature and utilizing our environment to entertain us. We had fishing, boating, games, hiking and lots of peaceful relaxation. “Our campsite” was surrounded by large trees, which produced shade throughout the day. Campsites have some distance from each other, allowing for privacy. Camp hosts were friendly; our site was clean, level and included a campfire pit and table. Pull through sites were also available. Some of the better sites are first come, first served. But, you can now reserve a few online. We plan on returning every year. Dry camping at its best!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank TheHappyCampers227
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just got back from 4 days camping at Kaibab Campground. We were tent camping. The campsite was large enough for our large tent.The vault toilets are very clean. I didnt even see a cobweb or bug in one. The camp host comes around several times a day and you can get firewood at the hosts site. Its is close to Williams in case you need something or if you just dont feel like cooking that day. We are going to go back next month for a week. My grandkids loved the open areas and the fishing dock although we only caught one little crappie. There is a fire pit in each campsite and some sites have a grill too. Plenty of room for more than one tent in our campsite. Our neighbors had three small tents in their campsite. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank flaglinda
Death Valley National Park, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I can't believe I have lived at the Grand Canyon for 8 years ( 4 on the North Rim and 4 on the South Rim) and have never stayed there!! My husband and I met some friends there for a weekend June 2 and 3. Loved the camp site, pit toilets just up the hill with good cold water outside for drinking. The lake is really low, you can see where it used to be. Watching the Osprey fly around and catch fish was really great!! Also some reall neat black birds, don't know what they are but they were cool to look at. Fishing not so good, birds were doing better than the people, go figure!! Camp hosts were awsome. Only bad thing was fire restrictions. No campfire, no charcoal, and no smoking outside, but at this time of year in Arizona that is to be expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank cactus140
Kingman, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent 6 days up there and had a wonderful,relaxing time.Only problem I had was with the pit toilets.They needed desperately to be pumped.The camp host and hostess were wonderful.Will definitely go back again.Very spacious.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cheryl S
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Reserved two spaces next to each other for friends and family for two weeks. Very well developed campground, but no hook-ups of course. But cell coverage was sufficient to allow my IPad to hookup to the web, using Verizon. In fact I am writing this review from the campground. Okay, I know I'm camping, right? Actually I am in a 31 foot Rv, boondocking. Williams is a couple miles away to load water and dump sewer for about $15.00. The lake is very nice, though somewhat low. The state stocks it with fish. Our 13 year-old's sour mood turned to delight when he caught his first fish from the canoe; a 10 inch, rainbow trout! Fire restrictions forbid open fires, but we had propane fire pits, roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Tomorrow we'll be taking the Grand Canyon Railroad to the Grand Canyon for a day trip. The railroad depot is in Williams, leaves at 9:00 am, back at 6:30 pm. Nice. The campground hosts are very nice, one helped me back the popup into it's space. They also stock worms for bait an ice cream (funny sentence eh?) Vault toilets, the usual, water is available, but not for filing rv tanks. Very mature ponderosa pines, very rocky (volcanic) and somewhat hilly. All the roads are newly paved. Boat ramp, boat motor restricted to 8 hp.
Dogs are welcome; leashed. Lots of bike riding opportunities. Hiking also is available. Very clean campground. Big, spacious spaces, you are certainly NOT on top of your neighbor. Very nice campground for nice price.

Room Tip: We stayed in space 44 which has a great view of the lake, so does 42.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Mt_Max
Arizona
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We stay in this campground several times during the summer months as we get away from the heat in the valley. They put in new rest rooms in the upper area in 2008 so that made it much better. We always stay in the upper campground as there is less traffic there and the camp hosts keep the spaces clean.

My husband fishes in Kaibab Lake and also at several other locations around Williams and always gets his limit. We like it here as it is close to all the facilities that we could want in Williams.

The worst thing we have encountered was in June and it was the "no-seeums" which are little bugs that you can't see but they bite you like a mosquito and itch like crazy.

Since there are no showers or hookups, you have to go to town and pay to shower at one of the RV Parks and that can get expensive at $5.00 per shower. They do have a dump station at the campground but it costs.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple