“Good Motel to stay in before moving on to the Grand Canyon”

Motel 6 Williams West - Grand Canyon
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We chose the Motel 6 in Williams because we didn't want to spend to much on the Hotels/ Motels near the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
The room was quite big and clean. Wireless Internet worked trouble free and the service at the reception was good and fast.
Although there are a few strees around the Motel 6, we didn't hear no traffic at night.
On the other side of the street is a Supermarket located.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed at this location with my local HOG chapter. The motel was on the end of the business strip, quiet, clean and easily accessable. The staff was very friendly and the whole establishment was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We wanted to stay close to Grand Canyon for a day trip to Grand Canyon. We chose this hotel as it was close to the highway and on our way. The hotel was basic but clean. Offered internet service. the speed was decent. close to a number of restaurants. The receptionist was friendly and gave us good information about visiting the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. Room was cleaner that the corridors. The hot tub seemed dirty and left a slimy feel, so we promptly showered. The woman and the counter was SO SLOW. Two people in front if me and I swear it took half an hour to check in. I would say it is a little over priced, but everything is expensive near GC.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This June we stopped here on the way to the Grand Canyon and I was very impressed. We used TripAdvisor as a guide and it was quite accurate. The hotel was clean and large enough for our family of four. The bathroom was large and beds comfortable. The only downside was that our room was on the second floor and a bit difficult with suitcases, but only a minor problem. There was no breakfast but there were many places within walking distance. Wifi service free and excellent.

A visitor from Finland

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I spent two horrible nights at this establishment in June 2011. We had a long flight from NJ, followed by a long drive stopping in Sedona and Flagstaff for tours and meals along the way. After 20 hours of being awake and active, we were ready to crash. Sadly, this is not the place to do it. First of all, the parking was miserable. The lot is inadequate and features broken light fixtures and graffiti. I went in to check in and while the clerk was pleasant, her friend was giving me the worst looks as though I disturbed their time of doing whatever they were doing on the computer in the office. We dragged our luggage through the narrow door into the stairwell and proceeded to our room. I was immediately shocked to see the beds were so low and worn down I quite honestly things my air mattress for camping was higher off the ground. When I laid down, it got only worse. We felt every spring and none of them sprung. Nothing like a bed of metal coils that had no give to them.

If there are any positives, I can say it was cheap and the rooms were clean. Otherwise, do not stay here until you see a mattress truck parked out front. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I have stayed in a lot of economy hotels. The "2" I rate this is relative to other hotels in its class. It had the worst bed I have ever slept on in my entire life, and that is NOT an exaggeration. Yes it is cheap, but they offer no continental breakfast and food is expensive up at the grand canyon so it is not even as much as a value as you might think.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2011

This motel is clean and decently priced. Most hotels or motels near the grand canyon are over priced due to the tourist location. We booked this hotel through priceline and paid a little over 50 a night. It was clean and located only 50 minute from the canyon.

• Stayed: May 2011