“Not Worth It”
Review of Norris Inn

Norris Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We drove up after deciding we were tired of driving. We were looking for a hotel with internet access and allowed pets (we had our puppy with us) . We were told the rate would be $60 and we checked in (without looking at the room first, mistake). We were given a room with a toilet that didn't stop running, had really old, sagging beds and a small tv. The shower area was moldy. I wouldn't pay $30 for a room like this. We went back to the office to tell them we weren't staying.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NMFireHorse
There are newer reviews for Norris Inn

Reviewed August 12, 2007

I'd never choose this "motel" again. I stayed there in 2004 once, and then it seemed and OK one (a budget one, sort-of clean rooms, not great service), but this time in 2007 we had a very bad experience.
Arrived at 11 pm after a long trip, with two kids - the infant sleeping. Booked the room on the phone 3 weeks before, and I was promiced to get a crib so we did not carry one. Upon arrival and check in I was told no crib. I tried to complain, but we're all tired, baby at sleep, so I said ok. Than they charged my credit card for the full booked stay at check in! - and it was 30% more than I was told on the phone. At this point I startted to complain, and the woman suddenly said by pointing to a note on the wall that she has the right to refuse anyone, and so she does me. So at 11pm i was said to leave. After raising my vioce I got a receipt that they whitdrawn the credit card charges. Of course all this woke up the baby, and so with a crying little one we had to find a motel in holiday season - at midnight. Good thing I checked my other credit card next day, the one I used for booking, because after they refused us to stay there they still CHARGED my other credit card the other day!!!! I run back to ask them what is it, and they were giving me the s...t that they had to validate my credit card that's why they charged it, but of course would have withdrawn it. Sure, they refuse me to stay, charge a creit card and whitdraw the charges on that night, and still the other day they have to validate an other of my cards I ued for booking??!!!! By charging some $400?????? Almost 50% more as I would have paid for the rooms? Bull...t !!!!! I had to have them writing a note and sign it, that they would not charge me for anything. Very, very unpleasant experience! NEVER would stay there again, DON'T RECOMMEND to anyone!
It might has to do with the recent owners - a chinesee couple (retired I guess) just bought the place as we're told at the other motel. The woman hardly speaks English, and not just her but also the husband had a rude attitude. Brrrrr! Very bad!
gfuresz@gmail.com

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank gfuresz
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. TV, toilet, heater and window cranks were all broken. There was no attempt to remediate any of these while we were there. The staff was condescending and rude. We took cold showers in below freezing weather. Continental breakfast is Hostess donuts and coffee. The rooms were very dirty, beer bottle caps on the bathroom floor from the previous tenants. Mold in the shower. No amenities in the rooms at all. Stains on the furniture and carpet. Would not recommend this hotel to even the most desperate traveler.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank azqueenie
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Our terrible experience started at check -in. After giving my credit card I was baffled that I was handed a receipt to sign for the amount due in full for our stay. I have always given a card and charged at check out. When we entered the room it SEEMED to be clean but I noticed that there was neither a Micro nor a playground as advertised. The mini fridge was there, but the tray for the ice compartment was not in place because it needed to be defrosted. I then went to the office to ask about a local diner restaurant that serves home cooked food and was directed to McDonalds. I was at this point that I realized the woman did not speak much English. (Aren’t I at an Americas Best Value Inn?) I looked in town for another hotel but it being a holiday everything was booked. The following morning I had to go to the local connivance store for coffee because the lobby did not open till 7:00. Once open, the contential breakfast consisted of mini donuts, coffee and when I asked about fruit I was told “Orjuc” It was not until we checked out that I was disgusted to the point of filing a complaint. When I was doing a final sweep to make sure nothing was left behind I looked under the bathroom sink and it was mold infested. Two of my four children could not breathe Saturday, the day we went to the Grand Canyon and now I know why. I originally thought it was because it was windy and a change in altitude. Because of this hotel our Grand Canyon experience was anything but Grand. For the rate of $144 a night I can not even say it was a value.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Trena M
Reviewed October 23, 2005

We were in Williams, AZ for a large event and booked our stay before reading the bad reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room clean and quiet.

The motel is located at the end of town, away from the major traffic and noise. Several of our friends stayed at other motels in the center of town and they were awakened by the train that runs right down the center boulevard. At that point we were thrilled to be at the Best Value Inn.

The staff was friendly and courteous, happily giving us extra towels and getting a taxi for us.

This is definitely a budget motel, but it's a good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank MomandDad
A TripAdvisor Member
Glendora, CA
Reviewed October 11, 2005

We stayed 2 nights in Sept.2005. We had room with 2 beds and I think it is in the new builing, next to the pool. The rooms was spacious and the emenities were suficient fot the tourists who come to visit Grand Canyon.Unlike some reviews posted here, I found the rooms clean and the property was also in good condition. We did not get chance to use pool ,but it was clean.The rates for the rooms are also very reasonable compared to the other hotels. The staff is also cooprative and courteous.I recommend to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Oxfordshire, UK
Reviewed September 4, 2004

Eight of us spent a night here in August 2004 and our rooms were spotless, spacious and well eqipped. As 2 families travelling together we were given rooms with an interconnecting door. A continental breakfast was available in the morning and the pool was small but clean. I am surprised at the poor reviews of this place - we thought it was just fine.

• Stayed: January 2005