“Amazed at the level of indifference”
Review of Spenser's Bar

Spenser's Bar
Ranked #18 of 70 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Description: Great menu, reasonable prices, beautiful bar carved in 1887, all types of libations.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The bar is beautiful and has a historic story to go with it which is why we went there in the first place. At first things went fine as there was only one other couple in the bar and the bar tender could easily wait on all of us. She offered us complimentary chips and salsa which was a nice perk. We were tired after driving all day to get there, a two hour time difference, and the change in altitude so we decided to just eat there . We waited a very long time especially for a bowl of chili and a quesadilla. When the food did arrive the quesadilla looked as though it had been overcooked and I said so, however the bar tender made no comment and walked away. I showed my husband and he tried to gain her attention and said very loudly that my food was overcooked. The couple down the bar head him, but the bar tender acted as though she didn't hear him. He then offered to trade dishes with me as it appeared that nothing was going to be done about it and at the same time a large number of people came into the bar. We found out that it was because the train had returned and they were all trying to get their drinks before happy hour was over. It was very crowded. Every seat was taken, and people were standing at the bar as well trying to get in drink orders. The bar tender was alone for a bit, and it was ridiculous. Finally someone came to assist her, however she kept having to ask how much to put in glasses and such. The name on the ticket for our server says Voyza. I assume that was the bar tender who gave us such bad service, and I really think that my meal should have been taken off the ticket because I wasn't able to eat it even when I put sour cream and hot sauce on it, so I just filled up with the complimentary chips and salsa. My husband said his chili was spicy and not very good. Our total was 35.00 for that negative experience. We did not return, and I would not advise anyone else to go there.

1  Thank mb2

Reviewed March 4, 2014

With fresh fruit and oatmeal in the morning and sandwiches and salads at night, I prefer Spenser's to the heavy buffet. The prices are reasonable and kids can eat there too. The Spenser's coffee was worth the calories.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a lovely bar, well furnished, and comfortable. Happy hour and a good selection was appreciated. If on the meal package you get $20 credit towards a meal in the bar.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had buffet tickets for the Grand Canyon Cafe but they were having a banquet so we had to go to Spencer's Bar and we are glad that we did.

First our server was very attentive and was trying very hard to please the six of us. They had a beef tips type dinner OR a $25 credit for buffet tickets. We opted for the $25 per person value. We had appetizers of a quesadila, chips and salsa supreme. I had the BBQ pork sandwich which was very good and I cannot tell you what the rest of our group had.

In any event, the food was very good, the bar had a quiet and relaxed atmosphere and the service was very good. By having the buffet closed, the bar kitchen was stressed and it took more time than normal for food to arrive, but somehow that was okay.

we all thought overall the food and service was without a doubt very good! It sure beat the buffet food next door!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

2 TVs (we were watching football). Cheap drinks (happy hour 7 days a week). Fair service. They start you with chips and salsa which was nice. They aslo have a standard bar menu.

Been to Spenser's Bar? Share your experiences!