“Fab food”

Goldie's Route 66 Diner
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 1, 2012

In 2011 my family and I went to America for the third time but to 'tour' Arizona, Nevada, California and Utah. We stopped at Williams during the start of August (August option wasn't available) and stayed just out of the town in a lovely hotel which I can't quite remember the name of, everyone was friendly and the town was lovely and quaint, real America! I chose this diner to eat one night and I have to admit, it was excellent. The service was good, the food was wonderful, lots to eat and very tasteful! My sister had the steak and loved it, one of the best she's ever had. I keep saying I will take my boyfriend there one day and I will, it was one of the highlights to my holiday!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

had a very good dinner after one of the daily gun fights (once again much better that Cody, WY).

1  Thank DanoOrlando
Reviewed June 4, 2012

They stayed open an hour longer just to let us eat now that was service and the food was good.

2  Thank DavidWand
Reviewed April 27, 2012

What a fun place! Good and plentiful food! Give it a try...

2  Thank MEH631
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were driving from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon and stopped in here. It was just me. I admit I wanted to use the bathroom but I saw the sign in the window saying it's only for customers. So I grabbed my wallet and went into the diner, fully intending to use the bathroom AND order food to bring into the canyon for a picnic lunch. We stopped here because it looked cute and because of the name. The second I came in, I looked at the menu, decided on what I wanted, and then headed for the bathroom first. The woman behind the counter -- is that Goldie?? -- snapped, "YOU GOTTA BUY SOMETHING IF YOU WANNA USE THE BATHROOM. IT'S ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS!" I waved my wallet at her and said, "I know. I saw your sign. That's why I have my wallet here. But I need to use the bathroom first." She retorts, "You gotta order first." I said, "That's a lot on your menu. I want time to look at it and I need the bathroom now." She actually snarled at me and didn't say a word. I did my biz, came out, ordered a lemonade and left. I couldn't believe how rude she was. The place was empty (one diner having lunch). It was 1 pm. You'd think it was rush hour lunch time but it wasn't. Or, maybe she yelled at everyone too and they fled! Needless to say, I spent $40 on lunch at the Grand Canyon which I was happy to do since it supports the parks AND no one gave me hell for using the bathroom. I wonder what she would do if I stood there and pee'd in her diner. Seriously, rude rude rude. That was my first brush with Williams and because of that ONE woman, I will never return to Williams. Next time we go to the Grand Canyon, I'm whisking pass this dumpy town. It's the pits. Really, ugly ugly and rude and unfriendly. Would never ever ever stay here or eat here. What if it had been my child who needed the bathroom? This to me shows heartlessness. I don't want to give my money to someone like this. OH, and when I exited the diner, I poured my leftover water (it was just ice) into the dry bushes nearby. She actually CAME OUT OF THE DINER to eyeball me and see what I was pouring on her property. What is wrong with this chick? Only when she saw it was water did she drag her troll butt back inside. But only after tossing another dirty mean look my way! My husband and I travel a lot, with and without kids. And we've never encountered this kind of revulsion. Our theory is she's just bitter about being trapped in a dumpy nothing town. Williams is really ugly.

2  Thank MkPHAME

Been to Goldie's Route 66 Diner? Share your experiences!