“Thai Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Southlake, TX
“Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was traveling from TX to CA and stopped for the evening in Williams. Based on several sources I decided to eat at this Thai restaurant. I can't say I am a Thai food expert, but I know what I like and don't like. I also don't like HOT (spicy) food, and am allergic to MSG. I was able to select the level of heat, and they DON'T use MSG. Highly recommended. I ordered take out so can't comment on the restaurant setting. I was there when they opened for the evening and had my food very quickly! One comment, finding the restaurant was a challenge (of course I did not want to ask anyone) as the address is on the main drag, but the entrance is on the side street. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Potsdam, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am not a seasoned critic of Thai food, but I know good food when I taste it! This place is wonderful! To start it is just a small place around the corner from Historic Route 66. I always love it when I walk into a Thai or otherwise Asian Restaurant and you find many customers of Asian descent sitting at the tables enjoying their meals. Well, this is exactly what happened when my wife and I walked in.

We shared a steamed chicken dumpling appetizer. If you are used to those that you get at an Asian buffet restaurant, well, you are in for a pleasant surprise! These were by far the best I have ever had! My dinner was a spicy seafood combination platter (I ordered a "3" on the spicy scale of 1-5, and it was pretty hot!). The sauce was genuine, and the bits of fish and shrimp were accompanied by snap peas, carrot stars, onions, mushrooms and other spices and flavors. My wife had a dish that had a funky name with "Evil Princess" ... something. She does not like much spice, so she told them so, and it had just a little zip. It was a chicken dish with a wonderful sauce. Both dinners were served piping hot on serving dishes with a bowl of Jasmine rice.

This food I put in the category of "lick the plate" good!

The menu is extensive, so you Thai lovers should find many things that you would like.

No Alcohol, but who needs it with food this good. Plenty of watering holes in this town to explore.

I think this is one place you don't want to miss!

Ash Fork, Arizona, United States
“Good Thai for Williams AZ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very flavorful. Small place, you'll need to look for it, it's off the main drag. Worth looking for. Food comes out quick and hot.

Visited April 2013
Long Beach, California
“You won't believe it...an excellent Thai in Williams, AZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

In this small, unassuming storefront on a side street, you'll experience some of the best Thai food anywhere. The decor is midwest quaint, not what you would expect with what comes out of the kitchen. What is served rivals meals I've had in Palm Springs, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edwardsville, Kansas
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This little cafe offered attentive service, great variety, plentiful portions, and excellent Thai food.

Visited April 2013

Been to Dara Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!