“Small Town Surprise”

Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Relaxed dining with forest views and a speciality menu featuring grilled steaks & Ribs, fish selections, tender chicken and grilled lamb. Special green chili stew, enchiladas, sweet potatoes, black beans, brown rice,etc. Healthy planned menu - nothing fried. Dessert presentation at each table. Full service Lounge. Entertainment(seasonally).Staff friendly and helpful.Located within the Best Western Plus Inn of Williams I-40, exit 161. "Ambiance"...will be worth you checking us out...
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Small Town Surprise”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I by chance chose to stay at the Best Western Plus in Williams, AZ while traveling. I chose Williams over Flagstaff simply to shave 1/2 hour off my drive the next day. The Western View Steakhouse is the inhouse restaurant at the Best Western. I did not have high expectations since it is an in-hotel restaurant and als because it is the "off" season for the area. I couldn't have been more wrong. The restaurant was clean and cozy with a wonderful view of the snow and pine trees. My waiter, Brent, was wonderful; friendly, helpful, efficient. I chose the filet with green beans. The filet had to be one of the best I have ever had, cooked perfectly with a delicious mushroom sauce (you can choose from a variety of sauces for your beef). The green beans were fresh with onions and bacon. Dessert choices consisted of a variety of cheesecakes, cookies with ice cream, a red velvet cupcake, key lime cake, and more. The manager also made sure to come through and check in on me. Kudos to the entire staff for a memorable, scrumptous dinner!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank desertescapee
BW_PLUS_of_Williams, Owner at Western View Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to give our restaurant such a great review...please come and dine with us again!

• Polish first
Alma
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Good choices on the menu, friendly helpful wait staff. Good experience. Nothing to dislike that I could see.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for taking your time to respond and mention such nice things. Come back again!
Sun City, Arizona
“Beautiful views, bland food.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Ate at dinner and the next morning for the free continental breakfast included with our hotel stay. The atmosphere is great and we had a great waitress. However, the food was ok. I liked the bread and salad and French onion soup. However our main dishes were nothing special. I ordered chicken with a mushroom sauce, it was bland and dry. My husband had a steak, which did come prepared as he ordered it, but his explanation was lack of flavor. I had the macaroni and cheese, which was down right bad, as was my husbands brown rice and enchilada. I actually felt like I enjoyed breakfast better. It really upset me that the food wasn't good, as the whole reason we went to this restaurant was because it was so well rated on trip advisor. It was too cold to sit outside, but the views were very nice. I did like the hotel.

• Visited December 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a response to us...we are sorry that your food did not satisfy you and we truly apologize for your disappointments.
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
“Gem hidden in the Mountains”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I read a recent 'Excellent' review of this restaurant while searching for somewhere to eat during our trip to Williams to ride the Grand Canyon Railway to the Grand Canyon. We were staying at the hotel already so we decided to try it. We were pleasently surprised by this wonderful charming restaurant, that infortunately wasn't busy at all. The food was Excellent, the staff extremely friendly and the atmosphere was beautiful! Our waiter Alan was very attentive without being too pesty. Sadly the railway staff didn't mention this restaurant as we were pulling into the station; they did mention about a dozen, including their own. According to the staff they have been unsuccessful in getting the Railway to mention them, even though the Railway encourages them to promote the train. It should go both ways. This review is the least I can do. By the way the 5 layer Chololate Cake was to die for, and MOIST!!!

• Visited November 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments and come and dine with us again!
La Crosse
“Don't be fooled because it's in a hotel, fabulous place.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights in the hotel and I admit that the first night we ate here because we were tired and did not want to drive after a couple cocktails. What a fortunate choice. The second night we had to return because dinner had been so outrageously good the first time. I had perhaps the best filet ever. In all fairness, we are ribeye eaters, but with no ribeye on the menu :( I had the filet and my husband had the porterhouse. Filet was perfectly cooked and soooooo tender. They had many sides to choose from and we tried several of them, all good. My recommendation is...you can have a baked potato or salad anywhere, order one of Chef Melvin Berry's unique sides such as the cheese enchilada or green beans. On our second night, I had the filet again and my husband had the blackened salmon. He said it was the best salmon he had ever had and my filet was perfectly delicious. Unbelievably tender and bursting with juices and flavor. The green chili pork stew was wonderful as well as the potato soup. Service was outstanding and we send a gold star to Tyrell (please forgive if spelling is incorrect) the "bus person" who truly makes everybody feel welcome and seemed to appear every time we needed anything. Because we travel often and eat in so many restaurants, we may have high expectations, but this place was just all around great. Twice!!

BW_PLUS_of_Williams, Owner at Western View Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Wow what a wonderful review thank you so much for all your mouth-watering descriptions of your meals with us...please come back and visit us again.

Been to Western View Steakhouse? Share your experiences!