“Great service, great food, not expensive.”

Western View Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 57 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relaxed dining with forest views and a speciality menu featuring grilled steaks & Ribs, fish selections, tender chicken and grilled lamb. Special green chili stew, enchiladas, sweet potatoes, black beans, brown rice,etc. Healthy planned menu - nothing fried. Dessert presentation at each table. Full service Lounge. Entertainment(seasonally).Staff friendly and helpful.Located within the Best Western Plus Inn of Williams I-40, exit 161. "Ambiance"...will be worth you checking us out...
Portland, Oregon
“Great service, great food, not expensive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We do not usually pick a hotel restaurant, but we were exhausted from a long day at Grand Canyon. This place was amazing. We asked if we could eat on the patio. Although no one else was ou there they opened it up and arranged a beautiful table with a great view for us. The food was superb - chicken breast with a cabernet mushroom onion ragu was our pick but there were several choices that were tempting.

1 Thank Carlovers
BW_PLUS_of_Williams, Owner at Western View Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are so glad that you stayed at the hotel and enjoyed our Steakhouse. It is comments like yours that keeps us going and trying to do better. Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us.

• Polish first
Lawndale, California
“Very, Very Good and Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in Williams and had heard about some of the other steak houses and how they didn't stand up to peoples expectations. So I asked the hotel clerk where I stayed for a good Steak house besides the regulars. She said, "Western View Steakhouse. It's a little pricey, but you might like it." So I got dressed up and went. It is located west of town in a Best Western Plus Inn which has plenty of parking. I arrived and went in. You go past the check-in desk and there is a big area with seating where people can have a drink and listen to a musician who plays for them. It is a nice atmosphere. To the left was a small dining area with a lady who would seat you. I took my seat and ordered a beer(grand canyon brew - brewed in williams). The menu is very extensive with many items that you can order. I saw the most expensive item - The Newport Porterhouse Steak at $29.95 and ordered it. All the time the service was very good. No problems. Very shortly, the bread came out on a board with a sweet butter to start things off. I had ordered the salad instead of soup, and it was quite good. But, when the main dish arrived, it looked beautiful. (Now they offer glazes for the steaks, but I like my meat seasoned and plain). It was delicious. The baked potato came with the usual sides, sour cream, chives and butter. I was in heaven. Now, I have eaten at many steakhouses throughout the country and have spent a lot of money on different steaks, but this place did a very good job of giving you a delicious meal. The people next to me had the Mushroom Chicken in Cabernet Butter Sauce with French Onion Soup and were very happy with it. They were from Florida. All in all, I would recommend this place to everyone if your looking for a little higher quality place. I will be going back. Delicious!!!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Dieselkmf
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Steakhouse....we are so happy that you will be back. That is the greatest compliment of all.
Bullhead City, Arizona
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food very good, service bad. A large party seemed to be more important to the server. After they came in it seemed we were on the back shelf.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank James R
We are truly sorry for the service that you received and most importantly the" feeling of being put on the back shelf". We will use your statements in our waitstaff training, so that, guests in the future will not have the same experience. Thank you for taking your time and your honesty with your feelings. We are truly sorry for your experience.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pretentious Steakhouse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I came here after a local guided me here after a bad meal at Rod's Steakhouse. I must admit the steak was much better and the green beans in olive oil with bacon and onion was delicious but this place needs to either raise its' standards or lower the customers expectations. Almost every meat entree was offered with a glaze-we declined and were rewarded for doing so. The "French onion" soup was a disaster. I asked the waiter if it was baked and he stated it was. The soup arrived in a small bowl with three discs of bread floating in it with a dollop on cheese on each, This soup never saw the oven. The baked potatos arrived with their exteriors wet and on cutting into them, looked boiled. The manager claimed they were baked "that day". Investigation leads me to believe they bake all their potatos upon arrival to work (2 pm) and tried to revive them in a steamer for a 7 pm serving. I would have been happier having a Subway sandwich.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank theleadking
We are sorry that your meal was undesirable and that you felt deceived in the presentation. We truly take pride in our Steakhouse and your experience is not what we are trying to achieve in our business. Thank you for taking your time to let us know what we are doing wrong and know that we will follow up on your statements.
llnjams
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

When you're tired sometimes the on-site restaurant is just easier. The atmosphere was a bit nicer than the meal for us. We don't like gooey bread, even if it is warm. We had the trout which was a bit fishy, suggesting it wasn't quite fresh or perhaps came out of the freezer - it was ok but for the price we expected something a bit better.

BW_PLUS_of_Williams, Owner at Western View Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments...we are so sorry that we did not exceed or even meet your expectations. We will use all your comments to improve our food and presentations in our restaurant. Respectfully, Sheryl Olson, Gen. Mgr./Owner

Been to Western View Steakhouse? Share your experiences!