“Wildlife...really??”

Bearizona Drive-Thru Wildlife Park
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bearizona is a Wildlife Park featuring a drive through area as well as a walk through area. View animals in natural habitats during your drive. Check out more animals on exhibit in the walk through. There are several animal shows throughout the day as well as a complimentary bus tour through the park at several times throughout the day.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 29, 2014

While visiting the Grand Canyon, my daughter kept asking to go to Bearizona so we went based on some of the positive reviews. It was very expensive at the gate so I hoped for the best. The "wildlife" consisted of some really sad looking animals who were all asleep or laying around. One of the bison looked like he had the mange and the bears were all asleep with the exception of one sad fellow who appeared to be having some type of mental issue as he paced back and forth along a fence line in a tight circle. One person wrote "very clean place"... well I guess the walk through area was ok but there was a bus "graveyard" half way through the drive through with smashed and decrepit buses stacked up around a building...terrible... the only highlight was the bird show that lasted about 20 minutes. Overall, the staff did the best they could with what they had to work with...right now, I would have to classify this a tourist trap. Perhaps it will get better in time.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

we really enjoyed being so close to the animals. great place to visit. but be sure to obey the rules! We saw 2 cars while we were viewing the animals during the drive thru part of the park. I could NOT believe it when I saw people holding small children up out their car windows. The day we were there we saw 3 bears sitting on peoples cars. Keep your windows up for your own good.. the best place to view the Soar it part of the park is outside the fence. really good photos. they have a new baby bear cub that was so cute. even when the park is overrun with school kids you can still have a good time.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Initially thought this place might not be worth visiting but so glad we went there. A bit pricy for a group of 6 but it was worth it. We saw all the animals on a GPS type device that explains the animals as you drive through in your car. Very clean place and animals looked well kept. After driving through the exhibits there is a place to walk around and we saw even more animals and birds.
Never have seen more bears in my life and they were moving around and playing in the trees.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very nice & friendly staff have to say the best wild park I haver ever been to .... Very clean & animals were well taken care of I would defiantly take my family back .... Ray from California

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Traveling with my mom and two daughters - our annual Girl's spring trip. Stayed in Williams, AZ and spent one day at Bearizona. Really a fantastic attraction and well worth the price. It is mostly a drive through; they give you a player that wi-fi's with your radio and tells you about each attraction as you approach its gate. We went Friday morning around 10am and the animals were all very active and visible. The wolves were a bit lazy, and we later found out they get more active around sundown. As you reach Fort Bearizona there are some small animal enclosures in side, including bobcats and brown bears. We also got to see the newest bear cub "Katy Beary". The bears were very playful, running around and climbing trees. We then went on the free bus tour. The bus has open windows and the guide feeds all the animals except the wolves and the bears so they come right up to the bus. Great pictures! One of the donkeys tried climbing in the bus, but the guide got him out. Laura, our tour guide, was very interesting and had lots of animal facts. Highly recommend this attraction!

1  Thank Debbie S