“A must see!”

Bearizona Drive-Thru Wildlife Park
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bearizona is a Wildlife Park featuring a drive through area as well as a walk through area. View animals in natural habitats during your drive. Check out more animals on exhibit in the walk through. There are several animal shows throughout the day as well as a complimentary bus tour through the park at several times throughout the day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must see!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to Bearizona as part of our Thanksgiving Road Trip, when my family came to Phoenix. We paid $100 for 6 people and it was worth it! My family had a lot of fun! They have bears, wolves and other kind of animals. You get to drive around the place and see the wild animals walking around your car. At the end of the road, they have a parking area and you can go to their store and also see other not-so-wild animals like baby bears (well, those are wild too!). Is a really nice place, specially for kids.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank JadeSoul18

• Polish first
Hamilton, Virginia
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Not thrilled with Bearizona”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The price is steep at $20/adult & $10/kid over age 4. We arrived just after lunchtime (around 1pm) and were not thrilled with what we saw. Most of the animals were sleeping. The temps were in the mid-upper 50s, you think they would have been a little more active. Two bears were fighting - that was kind of cool to see. But, other than that - you get more from a zoo at a lower price.
We did see the Raptor show & that was cool. The kids loved seeing the birds fly right over their heads. The woman who was leading the show had a great personalilty and was funny. The kids were laughing about the rats and the skunk that appeared during the show. The Raptor show made up for the drive through Bearizona.
All in all, this was an over-priced zoo with not too many animals to see. I see why it's the #1 activity in Williams - there isn't that much in the small town to do. But, it certainly can be skipped over and not missed.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank BethAnnP
Manhattan Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It's Like Jurassic Park in Our World”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Okay….what kid, or human, doesn’t wanna see wild animals mere feet from your car? Yes...you in your car...them in their own....land. Driving through Bearizona in your car is so exciting, you almost feel like you are in Jurassic Park, except there are no dinosaurs. Yet.

Beaizona is right off the highway between Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon….so you can’t miss this place! And if you do, you have to stop, find where you are and then get there.

It's not just a zoo, Bearizona is an adventure!

Laurie's Travel TIPS: Bearizona has two parts: Driving and walking. Don’t do the Driving part when the animals are hot, lazy or sleeping – or you will be too. So make sure when you arrive you tell them you want to do the walking part first. They will let you ...you just have to ask, otherwise, they direct you to drive thru first. So ASK.

You'll park and go to the walk-through’ part of Bearizona FIRST and THEN head back to do the drive thru part after 2 or 3pm. But to be honest...the closer you can go to dusk (before they close) the better. The animals can get down right silly. Think about you just before happy hour?

We had so much fun....I made a video...(because I want my own travel show! And since I don't know how to get one...I'm pretending!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQa6Puz48k - Look for two things. 1) a conversation I had with a baby bear. They CAN talk. 2) Well....watch this video till the end! I promise you'll have a giggle. (and I never promise)

I took photos...but I'm not that organized and I couldn't even tell you where I put them.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank LaurieDilly
Chesterfield, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Really not much to see”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Grand Canyon. The outside signs and displays were nice. My kids, ages 7, 10 and 13 were rather bored by Bearizona. Buffalo, sleeping wolves, sheep, etc. weren't that exciting. The bears were cool to see. The highlight were the baby bears in the incubator. Staff seemed friendly. We were in and out in 30 minutes.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MKD-40
Prescott, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worth a Side Trip from Grand Canyon”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Tucked among a pine forest, both drive and walk through sights. Arranged fencing so you're sure to see all the animals. Friendly staff willing to answer questions. Limited to animals of North America, but since many are hard to see in the wild this is the second best option.