“Average but descent buffet food.”
Review of Grand Depot Cafe

Grand Depot Cafe
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed February 2, 2014

While showing Northern Arizona to Minnesota family, we booked two nights at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, a train ride to the canyon and two dinners and two breakfasts for six.

Dinner the first night was very average but I did enjoy the sliced beef. The pasta bar was nice but they really need to saute the vegetables a bit more. The other foods tried were okay.

Breakfast both mornings was standard breakfast foods but the eggs to order bar was nice. I had an omelet and again, the vegetables need to saute a bit more for my liking. At least a bit more than raw and hot. My second morning I just had a couple over easy eggs.

Our second night's dinner the place was closed for a banquet. We found out by a note on the door when I feel we should have been notified by the front desk when we checked in.

I will eat here again as it is good food, just nothing to "write home about".

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We went here because it was steps from our hotel. We had breakfast and dinner buffets. We came back twice for both. The food was excellent. While the decor was a bland casual restaurant setting, the good is all cooked from scratch. Don't miss the pasta bar with fresh cooked sauce that you can choose what to add to it (sub dried tomatoes, sausage, shrimp, chicken, artichokes, olives, veggies, etc). The carving board was also excellent with a slow cooked brisket 1 night and a pork roast the next. There are also lots of hot choices and a salad bar, and desserts. We had the cheesecake, Flan and brownie...all very good. Breakfast was also very good...hot oatmeal, fresh fruits, lots of hot dishes like waffles, pancakes, bacon, etc. also an omelet station where they'll cook anything you want to order. Can't beat the food or prices..$10 for breakfast, $20 for dinner. Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was off season so very limited selection. Ate dinner and breakfast there. The pasta bar was great, some of the food was good, some not so good. limited salad bar. For breakfast they ran out of bacon and did not fill for quite some time, people were complaining. There was an omlet bar that was nice. Dinner server was very attentive, breakfast not so much. Decor was nicer than I expected.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

When I place is not likely to get the same folks twice I think they do not try as hard.

I was disappointed with the low quality taste of the food. The selection was huge but the quality was very poor. The turkey was freshly cooked but was so bland. The roast beef was cooked well but again had no taste.

The pasta with red sauce had no taste.

I would skip this place and eat at a local place in Williams if I was here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had supper and breakfast buffets along with our polar express package. Excellent food and even all the kids found something to their liking. Friendly waitresses and waiters. Eat here!!