“Western Trip”

and up
Grand Canyon Railway Adventure Package
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic train that takes a 65-mile trip from Williams to the Grand Canyon and offers great views of the Arizona high country.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great train ride with entertainment and snacks. The scenery was of course spectacular. We traveled in the First Class car and it was spacious, clean with a very friendly and efficient attendant. Great experience.

1  Thank mccool547
Write a ReviewReviews (7,752)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Yeah the Wild West show is hokey and the on-board entertainment can range from very good to pretty bad, but it's all part of the experience. The train takes a leisurely 2hr ride along the same tracks as the original. Light snacks and cocktails are available.

Do not expect a rail tour of the canyon! The train takes you to the canyon rim, not through the canyon. You only get a quick glimpse of it from the train.

1  Thank RPM371
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I liked the great show and entertainment but I expected better scenery. We had great singers and we were robbed and served champagne.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The trip starts out with a very entertaining wild west show. Gets you in the mood for the ride. I chose to go coach class as I am on a budget. The seats were very comfortable and you can buy snacks in the cafe car or you can bring your own as I did. I also brought my lunch which I ate by the canyon enjoying the great view. All items are quite pricey at the canyon. We had a wonderful coachlady to keep us informed of the sights we were passing and there was also entertainment on the train. A very good and comical guitar player kept us busy. Everybody involved with this trip were very friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend this way of travel to the grand canyon. I did not miss at all paying all that extra money for a higher class of seat. Very enjoyable.

2  Thank c i
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It is at least a whole day trip. We did the three night trip with one night in the Grand Canyon Park. It is a two hour train ride each way with a western shoot out in the morning before we board the train and a bank robbery on the train ride back. From the train just once do you get a glimpse of the Grand Canyon. Most of the scenery is through cattle country. We did not see any wildlife until we were in the park except for a crow's nest with a young crow in it right by the train tracks. We had First Class seats with continental breakfast in the morning and snacks on the way back. There was entertainment both ways. It was a very enjoyable trip.