“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #10 of 12 Williams B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I travelled past and stopped to check out this lodge after I declined the quote of $160 for a standard room at a Best Western Property up the road. The manager at the Buffalo was very polite, pointing out how old and historic the property is, and showed me the Marilyn Monroe Suite ($89 incl. BF). It was charming, carefully decorated in black and white and very authentic for the time where she might have stayed there. I spoke to other guests and they also liked their rooms. The food was good Country Fare (I recommend the Buffalo Burger). Go there if you like something different!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Martina049

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed at the first room off the porch and we loved it. Kitchy as it is in many ways, it was comfortable with a good bed. This is not for the handicapped but a couple is just good. Friendly folks and the free breakfast pancakes are wonderful. Stay here for a good nights sleep. We used this as the jumping off place for Sedona and the Grand Canyon and it was centrally located.

• Liked — Location and food
  • Disliked — bathroom set up was small
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank 02corvette
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I found this B&B online while looking for a reasonable place to stay in Williams. Cost wise Buffalo Pointe was way reasonable compared to what other hotels were asking. I booked the 2 bedroom suite for me and my family (2 adults four children) and it worked out very nicely. Nothing elaborate, just nice clean rooms with a homey feel.

They have a great resturant with excellent food. I say that because I have a diet free of gluten, beef and pork. To be honest I was sure all I'd be able to eat was dinner salads. Boy was I wrong. Grilled salmon, chicken, veggies each night I had a delicious meal. Our children loved the dining swing table.

Buffalo Pointe was our first stop on our trip to cross country. Now that I'm home (15 hotels later) it was by and far the best stay for the money. One of the owners was on site during our stay. His friendlyness and can do attitude cemented my great opinion of Buffalo Pointe.

• Liked — Reasonable Rates, Great Food
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank 12Invest
upstate new york
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We Would like to start off by Thanking everyone involved in running the Buffalo Pointe Lodge. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were home, only better. The staff; Harry, Eddie and the others were incredible! The continental breakfast is the best!

Harry greeted us with coffee each morning he is truly amazing, he went out of his way to make sure our stay was the best. We would like to thank Dan for making our stay there memorable!

We would recommend this place to anyone who is visiting route 66 or on their way to the Grand Canyon. We will be back next year! Again, Thank Everyone @ the Buffalo Pointe Lodge!

Chris & Peg Lawler

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank screamneagle9280
Oregon
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We spent two nights at the Buffalo Pointe Inn while visiting the Grand Canyon, and we stayed in the Western Room. Wonderful room, yummy breakfast, great hosts Dan and Patty, and the whole atmosphere was relaxing. Williams is only a few city-blocks big, so you can stroll anywhere you want to go. In the evening we sat on the front porch of the Buffalo Pointe Inn and watched the world go by. If you want to avoid the big hotel scene and you like a B&B atmosphere, this is a wonderful place!

• Liked — Confortable
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed here for 5 days in May. Very clean rooms and very friendly staff. Free wi-fi connection. The food in the Cafe was very good and the prices were reasonable. Within walking distance is the route 66 historic district, the Visitor's Center and the Grand Canyon Railway Station. The room we booked was so small that we had to ask for an upgrade. They complied without questions.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The size of the rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2008

We really enjoyed our one night here. The rooms are small, but as my girlfriend would say "cute and cozy."
The restaurant is on site, and was hopping the saturday night we stayed. Wireless internet is free, which will cost you at least $10 in a lot of hotels these days.
We paid $76 on hotels.com for early April.
Only 2 pseudo-complaints.
The first was that our room window faced the window of the restaurant kitchen. This meant that from 7-9, we heard every word and evey dish clatter from the kitchen.
The second was that our room was supposed to include breakfast. When we went to the restaurant in the morning, we ordered off the menu and were not told that the breakfast included with the room, was not the breakfast on the menu. The breakfast was still only $5.99 per person + tip...but I would have liked to have known my options before we ordered.

• Stayed April 2008