“Not Recommended”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #30 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed one night at this motel. It was set back off the main street so it was quiet. The rooms initially seemed adequate with a table and chairs outside our room. The table and chairs worked great since we were traveling with another couple. There are no newer hotels/motels in Williams so it seemed ok. However, trying to sleep with old staled smoke smell in a non smoking room didn't allow for a restful night. Neither did a clump of hair on the shower curtain which was previously left there by another guest. The couple we traveled with had 4 spiders in their room, one in the shower. It may be worth the extra $50 to $100 more to stay somewhere cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoLoMesa

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our 2nd stop on a 14 night USA trip. The lady on reception was very nice when we arrived and checked us in quite quickly. the t#room was ok, big enough for a family of four but a bit old and dated, it reminded me of the old chalets in Butlins before they were updated!!! Room really cols when we got there but the heater worked well, the bathroom was again old and tired but plenty of hot water. One complaint i do have about everywhere i stayed in the usa is the tiny bath towels they provide??? Very annoying. Breakfast was provided and was adequate, my kids were happy with the waffle maker. While we were here we visited the Grand Canyon which is only about 30mins away and then monument valley which is a full days driving but worth a visit! The two steakhouses in Williams are great we ate at both and it would be hard to pick one that was better than the other!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RachelH64
Reviewed April 7, 2014

For the price, it was reasonable. For the cleanliness, not so much. The inaccessibility, and the lack of outlets which has only one existing behind the sink in the bathroom. Kind of dangerous, dont you think? The window in the back was lacking thereof- no window. The heater was old but worked alright, nothing was plugged in at all- as there were no outlets. the lights only worked from one switched which had to be on for anything else to work. The shower curtain came from a psych-ward at a mental institution, as it was thick and lead heavy- and there was about a quarter of moss growing from the bathroom floor.

WARNING: LONG STORY.

Other than those things to consider, there was a real reason I found this place more than disturbing. Ghosts, spirits, the undead, whatever you want to call it- is TEAMING this place. I am not a psychic, not a guru of the unseen living. I am usually very skeptical with a pinch of paranoia. I am writing this from what happened while i was there for the one night with my husband- and we were only there for less than an hour.

We came in at 8am to drop off luggage on the bed, so we can make the train at 9am. We came back at roughly 7pm that night to lights on in the room, and items from our baggage on the floor. It was good we left some stuff locked up- as we thought people came in to ransack the place. We decided not to tell the staff as this point as we went 24 hours without sleep. The sounds of footsteps and shadows passing the window to the room next to us were seen- and voices from either walls were bleeding through. We were relieved to know we were not alone- until I went to the car and realized all the vacant rooms had open windows to see through. There was no one else, I ran to the room and decided to take a shower- shrugging it all off. Talking to my husband from the shower, we felt presences in the room. We saw multiple shadows walk by and when both of us left the bathroom there was our stuff on the floor! We were mortified, the voices began getting louder, we packed and hightailed faster than Michael Phelps. we turned off all the lights, went downstairs and looked behind us for the last time to see the lights on and the window curtains open. (which we closed). we are done with this place, great for paranormal enthusiasts- terrible for the expecting traveler.

Room Tip: bring a camera and have the camera roll when you arent in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Engel L
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Thought it was okay for the money until I woke up with ants in the bed and on me. Quickly packed everything up and found ants in my suitcase, backpack and purse as well. Went to the front desk to notify them and they accused us of bringing them with us which is impossible since there are no ants in Alaska. They moved us to another room with no microwave as advertised, broken chairs and lousy TV reception. When checking out asked for a discount due to the ants and was advised no by the manager, not his fault the maid didn't spray.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was going to stay at a different hotel but accidentally passed the entrance to it. I was tired from a long of riding my motorcycle through the Grand Canyon and just wanted a place to shower and sleep. The Asian man in the black leather motorcycle vest was very nice. The sign "Hog Heaven" over the entryway was kind of funny. The rate was very cheap, which I welcomed. When I walked into the room I was a little concerned because it had that old funky hotel smell. Upon further inspection the bathroom was very clean, towels were big, fluffy and bright white. Sheets on the bed were bright white and smelled very clean. No cobwebs or dust anywhere. Yes, the carpet & furniture needed updating. The heat/ac worked perfectly as did the small refrigerator. The shower was hot and strong although the shower head was positioned for a very short person. As it is off season I think there was only one other guest in the entire hotel. I can't say as I would stay there again but it definitely wasn't the worst hotel experience I have had. It was worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BeverlyRL
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We booked a room and told them we were traveling with a small crated dog, we got a room with a king bed which was just OK. The shower only produced scalding water, the sink only ice cold, We went to the manger and they said we were not in a "pet" room and acted like it was our fault. The maintenance man, God bless him, got us moved to another room (also not a pet room) for our 2nd and final night there. Also, the free breakfast was on a second floor, accessible only by a steep staircase. I was unable to partake because I was recovering from a leg infection. Owner had a bad attitude for someone in a service industry. I would not stay there again, or recommend it to anyone else. In fact, I would tell people NOT to stay there---ever!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I unfortunately hadn't discovered Tripadvisor when I booked my stay with the Mountain Side Inn in Williams. Let's just say it was the worst place I have ever been to and I can't think of anything being good with it. As so many others already have written, it is dirty, most things are broken and it's not even all that cheap. This was one of the most expensive stays I had during my US trip (four weeks long), but still I had 1 light out of five working and it was so dirty I was scared of laying down in the bed. Nice that they had a breakfast at all, and I would even have eaten from it if it wasn't for the dirty glasses and rusty waffle iron. On top of that the internet connection was slow as hell and the bathroom door wasn't even possible to close. Miss Kittys already shut down, please do everyone a favour and shut this place down too. It's not safe and definitely not worth it. Williams however, I strongly recommend. It's a very nice town!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple