The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel sits adjacent to the train station and next to Thelma's restaurant where they have a buffet breakfast for travelers who book the hotel. It's a neat, modern and newer motel-type building that has a massive amount of rooms in a horsehoe shaped structure on two levels. There is plenty of parking and the grounds were nicely landscaped with regional pine and scrub.
Everyone staying there has booked "The Railway" that chugs along a narrow-guage track for a two hour plus excursion to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I could go on for many pages about the wonders of the train trip, the great views, the comfy compartments and the ease of travel to see the 7th Wonder of the World, but this review is supposed to be focused on the hotel itself.
The lobby was inviting and quaint. Checking in was quick and we made our way to our room, which was clean and spacious. It had all the basic ammenties you would expect in a moderate motel. We were only staying the night before the morning train's departure, so we didn't linger. The room included a buffet dinner and breakfast at Thelmas. It was adequate but that's about all.
Suffice it to say, the room was very convenient to the station and we would stay there again, for that reason alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway