While we liked the location and convenience to the railroad, we were very disappointed with our stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. The staff was unfriendly, the room was sparse, the tv had lousy reception with about five working channels, limited bath ammenities, and no Internet access. Worst of all were the meals at the Depot Cafe that resembled a college dorm in both ambience and food quality. The second night, we ditched our food coupons and walked into downtown Williams for great barbecue ribs. If we made this trip again, we would stay at one of the other hotels in the area that are also close to the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway