This was one of our favorite stops on a major western trip. Our room was in the newer wing and was very quiet and everything was in good order. The hotel lobby is very tasteful and is the kind of place that is nice to just sit and people watch. Max and Thelma's Restaurant, owned by the same folks who own this hotel, has excellent food at a surprisingly reasonable price. The same outfit owns Grand Canyon Railway which runs a daily train, often with a steam engine, right to the Grand Canyon. The ride is scenic and is a very relaxing way to get to the canyon and back. I recommend spending the extra dollars and riding in the dome car one way. If you arrive in Williams on Amtrak, the hotel van will shuttle you to and from the Amtrak depot. (The Grand Canyon train stops right behind the Fray Marcos.) Williams is a small town but is fun to stroll around. The town's Main Street still is designated Route 66.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway