It's pretty much a package deal with the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. The reason you stay there is to take the train to the Grand Canyon. The Hotel is clean, nice, neat, well kept up. Nothing spectacular. The food (included in the package) is fair, not great. Buffet style, and you get breakfast & dinner. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You're just a block or so away from downtown Williams, an old "Route 66" town. It'd be a ghost town without the Grand Canyon Railway. But it's got a few nice shops and businesses and touristy type places. You really don't need to go anywhere else though, because everything is included in the price of the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway