My wife & 3 girls & I stayed 2 nights at the hotel, and rode the train to the Grand Canyon. The train was great, but the hotel was not. The room was musty and outdated. It did not have any internet access (you had to trudge to the front desk lobby for limited access to wifi). The dinner at Max & Thelma's Restaurant was a nasty overpriced buffet from hell. The breakfast was OK, but we chose to eat at the Pine Country Restaurant a block into town the next night and got a great meal with delicious pie. Overall, ride the train, but stay & eat elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway