Booked stay at the hotel and the train ride to the canyon. Both are disappointing. Hotel needs lots of updating. A very noisy hotel. Price is beyond the reach of anyone except the rich. We saved for a year to take this vacation and this hotel was a disappointing start. The everyday traveler takes a back seat to the tour buses at this hotel. Tour buses are given the First Class treatment and the other travelers have to fend for themselves. There are a lot of cheaper and nicer hotels in the area and I will stay at the other hotels in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway