2,548 results
All reviewspackage dealmaswik lodgetrain tripdinner buffetnight packagedome carpasta bargrand canyon railwaypasta stationdepot cafetrain robberyincluded mealsdeluxe roomtaking the trainbuffet stylewild west showsouth rim
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here as part of our 3 day Grand Canyon Rail adventure. The hotel is clean rooms are comfortable. Staff are friendly. The meals in the cafeteria are ok. The hotel pool is indoors and the chlorine smell is VERY strong. My children had to wear goggles as the water hurt their eyes.There is a games room in the hotel but this is video games. The main street is a gem for shopping. We discovered this too late and only had a small amount of time to shop. We would certainly stay here again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Williams is in a key spot to take in all of the canyon and other AZ sites (e.g., Flagstaff, Sedona). Probably the best hotel in the area is the GCRH. It isn't fancy but probably a 3.5 on an absolute scale. The rooms are clean and comfortable...not the LV Mandarin but not so bad. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The location of the hotel is key especially if you want to take advantage of the Railway and drive to neighboring places.

2  Thank cb1_10
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was an unexpected gem on our trip to the Grand Canyon. We stayed here 2 nights. This is a large hotel with 297 rooms. It is an older resort hotel but it has been updated. The room was clean and very nice. I was having trouble finding a room in Williams but was able to get a room here. I’m sure it is because it is more expensive, but I think it is worth it. You are walking distance to the train and downtown Williams. We booked the train to the canyon and avoided driving to and from the canyon. We walked to the downtown and saw a short “street show” with cowboys every evening. Williams is a tourist town but I thought it was very cute. I am so happy that we stayed here. If you are considering staying at the canyon they also have packages for nights at the canyon. If I had known about these sooner I probably would have tried to book one night at the canyon too. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I will make it clear I didn't stay a night in this establishment so my view of the quality of the rooms should not be trusted! However I wanted to write a review as last month I encountered the best customer service I have seen in six months of travelling at this hotel. They held out bags for us, let us use their facilities, allowed us to sit in the lobby and were incredibly courteous and polite without charging us a cent. This hotel has the best staff and accomodating facilities I have ever come across.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We planned a last minute weekend getaway and I didn't make any reservations because I thought I'd have plenty of hotels to choose from and when I arrived in Williams, AZ and I was so shocked when I went to at least 7 different hotels and was told that there were no rooms available. I then decided to go off route 66 and try to find a room closer to the freeway and then we came across The Grand Canyon Railway hotel and was so excited that they did have a room. They were a bit more pricey but I soon realized they were so worth the cost. The staff were very nice and the rooms were very clean. I only stayed one night here but I am planning another trip in December and I am staying here. The downtown action on Route 66 is just a hop, skip and jump away. There is a buffet restaurant right behind the hotel and the food was delicious. I recommend anyone especially a family to stay here.

2  Thank Jumpstart000000
Xanterra, Director of Sales at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We are proud of our property and are constantly working to improve. The new landscaping between the hotel and Depot looks great!

Thank you for sharing your experience.