2,548 results
All reviewspackage dealmaswik lodgetrain tripdinner buffetnight packagedome carpasta bargrand canyon railwaypasta stationdepot cafetrain robberyincluded mealsdeluxe roomtaking the trainbuffet stylewild west showsouth rim
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I will make it clear I didn't stay a night in this establishment so my view of the quality of the rooms should not be trusted! However I wanted to write a review as last month I encountered the best customer service I have seen in six months of travelling at this hotel. They held out bags for us, let us use their facilities, allowed us to sit in the lobby and were incredibly courteous and polite without charging us a cent. This hotel has the best staff and accomodating facilities I have ever come across.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We planned a last minute weekend getaway and I didn't make any reservations because I thought I'd have plenty of hotels to choose from and when I arrived in Williams, AZ and I was so shocked when I went to at least 7 different hotels and was told that there were no rooms available. I then decided to go off route 66 and try to find a room closer to the freeway and then we came across The Grand Canyon Railway hotel and was so excited that they did have a room. They were a bit more pricey but I soon realized they were so worth the cost. The staff were very nice and the rooms were very clean. I only stayed one night here but I am planning another trip in December and I am staying here. The downtown action on Route 66 is just a hop, skip and jump away. There is a buffet restaurant right behind the hotel and the food was delicious. I recommend anyone especially a family to stay here.

2  Thank Jumpstart000000
Xanterra, Director of Sales at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We are proud of our property and are constantly working to improve. The new landscaping between the hotel and Depot looks great!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our stay was from June 7th to June 10th, 2013. We stayed in room #2396 with 2 queen size beds. The room was very nicely decorated and extremely clean. The mattress was very comfortable with full size pillows. The only fault we could find with this Hotel was that they charged a fee for Wi-Fi service. Conveniently located next door to the train to the South rim of the canyon. The town of Williams is one block from the Hotel, a nice Route 66 town.

2  Thank UMTERPS1995
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Basic hotel room was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. My only complaint is that my daughter couldn't enjoy the pool due to overcrowding. Since this was the only activity at the hotel the evenings were quite boring for an 8 year old.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were a group of 4 adults and 3 kids that purchased a 2 day package for 2 nights hotel and train to the Canyon. As another posted mentioned, it was a very costly. We "upgraded" to the newly refurbished rooms, that consisted of cheaply made furniture. I would have liked to have seen the non-refurbished rooms. Asked for a roll away at check in. 5 hours later, the rollaway had still not arrived, so another request was made. Upon check out, I was told there was a $22 balance. I seemed surprised, and the front desk clerk said, I guess they didn’t tell you about the charge for the rollaway, which she was correct, I was not informed of the charge. Water pressure from the shower was like a garden hose. The room was clean which is always good! The pool which is small for the size of the hotel. The water was cold and the kids didn’t spend too much time in the water. The smell of chlorine was overwhelming as soon as you opened the door to the pool. We had to breakfast buffet the morning of the train ride, which was costly. Ate breakfast the next morning at a Williams restaurant and was just as good and less money. Kids enjoyed the train and our PSA Kathy was very informative and made the 2 ½ train ride entertaining. Went to Spencers one evening for drinks and the staff seemed to be a little overwhelmed and understaffed. I would guess they would have the occupancy information from the hotel and should have staffed accordingly.