2,544 results
All reviewspackage dealmaswik lodgetrain tripdinner buffetnight packagedome carpasta bargrand canyon railwaypasta stationdepot cafetrain robberyincluded mealsdeluxe roomtaking the trainbuffet stylewild west showsouth rim
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here as part of Grand Canyon Railway package. Room is average but adequate. Pricey for what is offered but package makes you a captive audience. Benefit is that it is close to train ride to Canyon, a short 3 minute walk. Front desk staff and bar staff very friendly and helpful. Food package option should be avoided. Cafeteria style menu that needs help. Better to go to town for restaurant just few minutes away. Train ride much fun, try to upgrade. Bus tours at Canyon are also well done.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank PTAB70
Xanterra, Manager at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your experience at the Grand Canyon Railway. I am happy to read that your overall stay was sufficient and you received good service from the staff.

Unfortunately, the Grand Depot Cafe issues you mentioned will need to be addressed by our Food & Beverage department. I will forward your comments to them for review and resolution. Rest assured that we are working diligently to improve the quality of the products and services we offer here. Your feedback is critical to our success. Again, thank you for the feedback, and please accept my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit.

We hope you will consider returning to the Grand Canyon Railway in the near future. If you decide to return please ask for me so I can ensure your next stay is much more enjoyable.

Jeff D'Arpa
Grand Canyon Railway

Reviewed April 9, 2012

disappointed in the room, furniture looked old and dirty, floor lamp didn't work, door did not shut without pulling/pushing on it, bulb burned out in bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your basic expectations with your accommodations.

I was discouraged to read about your disappointment with your room. Unfortunately, I can't explain the old-looking furniture in your room as it was recently replaced with brand new goods during our recent remodel. However, the floor lamp, door and light bulbs should have been inspected between guests. I do not know why this was not done, or why it was overlooked, but I will make sure that this issue is addressed immediately.

Again, thank you for visiting the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We hope your recent experience does not prevent you from visiting our hotel in the future so that you may experience our usual high standards of operation. If you decide to visit us again, please ask for me so I can personally ensure that your next stay is far more enjoyable.

Jeff D'Arpa
Grand Canyon Railway

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I recently took a short trip from San Diego to the Grand Canyon.  We made our reservations through AAA and the experience was seamless.  Upon our check-in at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Williams, AZ, we were given vouchers for our complete weekend. Our meals in Williams (2 breakfasts and 2 dinners) were included in the package at the Depot Restaurant which served a great buffet.  Our luggage magically appeared in our room at the south rim having been transfered from Williams on the train.  We upgraded our seats on the train to the dome car coming and going.  Well worth it!  Our room was at the very historic El Tovar Hotel right on the rim of the canyon.  Next visit I would definitely opt for another choice as it is way overpriced for the condition and amenities.  You spend all your time outside anyway, so a clean room and comfortable bed is all you need.  Anyone can access the shops and restaurants in both the Bright Angel Lodge or the El Tovar - so my vote would be to stay at the Yavapai or Katchina - just as close to the rim, much newer and will have major upgrades as of May, 2012.  The free shuttles to many of the canyon viewpoints is great.  The new visitors center at Mather Point shouldn't be missed.
Our train trip back to Williams was just as enjoyable with a champagne toast in the dome car at sunset!  Back to Williams and another great dinner at the buffet - overnight - breakfast buffet the next morning and a nice drive back to San Diego.
I would highly recommend this 3-day little getaway to the grand canyon.  It's just spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paradequeen
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I booked the hotel/train/rim package through AAA and it was seamless. The hotel was very comfortable with an excellent restaurant on the premises. I especially liked the fact that luggage was handled for us the whole trip. When we returned from the canyon, our room was already booked and out luggage was already in the room when we arrived at the hotel! You can't beat that! Wonderful trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. Our deluxe size room upstairs came with comfy beds and the room was clean and spacious! A hot shower with great water pressure every night was soo nice!

Had breakfast and dinner every day. Food is just like any other basic restaurant quality - good and fulfilling.

The best part about this wonderful hotel is the great staff there and how fun is it to have everything right at your doorstep! Food, entertainment, train ride, short walk into town! It was one of the best of times for us there! We loved our stay and seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time was AMAZING!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends