Decent quality. Clean room, firm comfortable bed. Aircon/heater is window style and is loud, and blows open the curtain. Somebody didn't use brain when designing it. We can also hear the plumbing and crying baby next door.
Regular and decaf packs of coffee were provided, but only one set of sugar and cream, not even enough for one cup unless you like it really dark. Shower drain was slow.
Indoor pool and hot tub are great for cold winter months, but are hogged by kids doing cannonballs. Multiple exits and entries spread across the hotel are nice for accessing the parking lot and the train station while minimizing exposure to the freezing temperatures outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway