Booked a train trip to the Grand Canyon from Mesa, Arizona so stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in Williams. The hotel is huge and beautiful. So clean, there was always staff about cleaning and ever so friendly. Someone said the hotel had been refurbished well they had definitely not cut any corners, we were just as stunned.! The beds were very comfortable, the rooms very clean and spacious.
Don't know why either that the reviews of the buffet are so awful. We had the dinner and breakfast buffets at the café, which was such an eye opener. There were no queues unless you call 2 people in front of me a queue! The food was excellent, a great selection and hot. Very very tasty and fresh. They didn't skimp on anything. In addition to the buffet food, for breakfast you could have an omelette with many fillings or any type of egg freshly cooked for you personally and for dinner they had pasta dishes freshly cooked for you personally, you couldn't ask for better service. Constantly replenishing the buffet food and cleaning, wiping away food that people had dropped. The choice was superb. The waitresses and in fact all the staff, of which there were many were all pleasant and happy to serve. Someone said the café was busy, well it was in the morning as we were all going on the train to the Grand Canyon but there were more than enough waitresses to hand and we didn't wait at all for the drinks they brought. As soon as we were sat down our waitress asked what we would like to drink and it was brought right away and then we were asked to go and get our food when WE were ready, there was no rush. The whole experience was very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway