“best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Denny's - CLOSED

Denny's
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Denny's #6671 of Williams is located on the west side of town.Easy access from exit 161 off Interstate 40.We have a full service lounge with daily happy hour specials and televisions for your enjoyment.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

after leaving the grand canyon we stopped at dennys for dinner we sat in the lounge area and our waitress alicia was a very sweet young woman she instantly ssat us got us drinks and appetizers in no time she was very busy but made ssure we were well taken care of. was pleased to find out she grew up around the same area as us made us feel neighborly.

1 Thank bqandan
Sally O, Owner at Denny's, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your first review of the Denny's in Williams! We have a couple of Alicias, I think I know which one you are referring to and am sure she will be happy you were pleased with her great service.

Come back and see us again if you ever find yourself at the Denny's in Williams Arizona again!

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Breakfast was fine, but non-locals: AVOID the lounge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I would have given this Dennys even fewer stars, except we were there 2x on our visit & once was fine. Both visits took place on Friday, 3/15.

We stayed at the Days Inn next door on our honeymoon and had breakfast at Dennys the first morning (the Days Inn gives you a coupon for a discount). I can't remember our waitress' name, she was a very nice blonde woman. Breakfast was fine, the service was good, and then off we went to see the Grand Canyon.

Fast forward to that afternoon. The ACC basketball tournament was going on, the Duke game started at 4pm and we couldn't find it on the hotel tv, so my husband walked next door to watch the game in the lounge at Dennys. I joined him at half-time, and we left when it was over.

Lounge? They ought to call it the Locals Only Dining Room. Our server, Alicia, was only interested in the obviously local customers who came in and ate. To be fair, it seems like they were all regulars and therefore "bread and butter" in a small town.

We live in a resort town ourselves, trust me, I understand that it is important to keep your locals happy. Just not at the expense of your out-of-town guests! The contrast between the service we got and what they got would have been comical if we hadn't been exhausted & just trying to relax and enjoy the game.

Alicia basically ignored us. It was like we weren't there. We literally would have to go ask the desk to send her in to us when we needed something. It was like pulling teeth to get her attention. We saw plenty of her from afar, she provided great service to the 3 or 4 local couples that came in and were seated in the lounge eating, even gushing to one table that she herself had hand-diced their onions for them just the way they liked them. I'm sure they love her to death.

We left as soon as we could flag her down and get her attention to pay our bill after the game ended. Duke lost & the service was lousy. This place was fine for breakfast but if you are from out of town and you are looking for a place to unwind after a nice day, avoid their lounge - keep walking and up the hill there's a beautiful FRIENDLY little place in the Best Western. We did the free hotel breakfast thing the next morning rather than go back there, it was one of the very few bad experiences of our trip.

Visited March 2013
Sally O, Owner at Denny's, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review Denny's of Williams and apologize profusely for your experience in our lounge. We do work hard to take great care of our locals, but the majority of our business comes from the Days Inn hotel as well as the Best Western hotel. I am very shocked to hear you were not well taken care of. I can assure you we will make sure this is not a common occurance and hope you will come back and give us another try. As the owner of the Denny's, Days Inn and Best Western we strive to make each of our guests very happy and usually we do so. Because we take each review seriously we have learned so much from the customer's perspective and again, I sincerely apologize.

Sally Olson
“Great Food and Nice Waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We ate here for supper when everything else in town was packed. It was a little different that it had a lounge and a gift shop, that wasn't bad, we just weren't used to seeing a lounge and gift shop at a Denny's. We weren't really hungry, so we just order soup and milkshakes. All our food was good, we just couldn't eat it all. The waitress was very nice and offered to get us something else. It was a very good place to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Sally O, Owner at Denny's, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
As the owner I would like to thank you for your review of the Denny's in Williams Arizona. I am happy to hear we were able to make you happy and hope you will come back to see us if you are ever in Northern Arizona again. We have a great staff that works really hard to offer great service and food.

Williams, Arizona
“Dang Your Slow!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Arrived and waited 25 minutes before server showed. Dropped Menu's off another 20 minutes passed. Ordered drinks and meals and 20 minute later tea arrived. Asked server to keep the Tea coming. 30 minutes later as we are walking out door, food arrives. Tea followed in 10 or so. Worst service I have ever had in a Williams restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Sally O, Owner at Denny's, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Wow, this is NOT what we want to hear! I am so sorry for your horrible service. If I knew when you were there I could narrow it down and try to figure out why you would have received this kind of service. We have been working so hard to train our employees to offer the utmost service along with excellent food.

Please contact me as I see you are a local. I am very upset to hear this and want to fix it immediately. I want to make this right with you and get another chance to show you we do offer great service and food. I am at the Days Inn all day Monday thru Friday and would love for you to come in.

bemidji
“Best Denny's I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I normally don't like Denny's, but I have to say this is not the normal Denny's! Great burgers and fish! Great service! They also have a nice bar which is also located in the Denny's.

Visited March 2013
Sally O, Owner at Denny's, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We try so hard to be much more than the average Denny's and your kind words tell me it is showing! We take every review seriously and have used them as a tool to make improvements where needed.

Thanks again for taking the time to review the Denny's of Williams Arizona. It is truly appreciated!