“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Denny's - CLOSED

Denny's
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Denny's #6671 of Williams is located on the west side of town.Easy access from exit 161 off Interstate 40.We have a full service lounge with daily happy hour specials and televisions for your enjoyment.
Syracuse, New York
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My brother-in-law and myself wanted to get an early start for the day so we arrived at the Denny's at the west end of Williams around 8:00 AM on June 13, 2011. He ordered a traditional breakfast while I decided to try the unlimited pancakes. First off, the restaurant was surprisingly quiet; only a few other patrons, and they seemed to have an abundance of waitresses but the service was terrible. It took several minutes for a waitress to take our order and almost ten minutes more minutes to serve us (how long can it take to make pancakes?). The pancakes tasted funny, like there was something foul in the water used to make them, but since I was moderately hungry, I buried them in syrup and dug in anyway. After finishing the two pancakes it took *literally* another 5+ minutes of waving my arms to get the waitresses' attention, as she was standing near the kitchen with her back to us, gabbing with another waitress, and another 5+ minutes to get the next two pancakes. She seemed to be irritated that she had to actually serve us. Keep in mind, they weren't busy at all. I was still mildly hungry when we left.

Maybe we just caught them on a bad day, but I wonder how much longer we would've had to wait if they had been busy. My brother-in-law's breakfast was fine (he didn't order the pancakes) but he got the same lousy service I did.

Ironically, this was the exact opposite of the service we received at the Denny's in Page, AZ the day before, so I know it's not systematic. I understand that waitressing is a difficult job and I try to be respectful of them, but this was inexcusable.

• Visited June 2011

Kingman, AZ
“Stranded in snow storm for 2 days at Days Inn next door. Dennys saved.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We ate many a meals at Dennys while stranded in the holiday snow storm. I40 was closed, so we were unable to make the trip back home to Kingman until the roads were cleared. Dennys was our best friend! The meals were good, and we did have extremely slow service on one day, but stayed patient due to the fact we had nowhere else to be! I like their menu, and always find any Dennys a welcome sight.

• Visited December 2010
Frankfurt, Germany
“Ok Food, Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Has a fair range of options on the menu. Located close to the motorway on the way to the Grand Canyon. Service and staff cheerful. Food was Ok although nothing great. A convenient stop in Williams before driving the last hour to the GC. Overall, slighly on the expensive side for the food and experience it offered.

Northamptonshire, England
“A typical Denny's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Reasonable food, reasonable service, good value and an excellent oreo cookie sundae!

colorado
“Best coffee and light meals.. best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

What a surprise! good food great coffee, very fast service

1 Thank travlinBull