My wife and I visited Waidroka earlier this year as the 2nd stop on our honeymoon. I wanted get a few days of surfing in.
As soon as we arrived the staff was extremely friendly and the vibe was great. The rooms are nice little huts on the property and they have a main guesthouse where food is served. The food was good and there was a menu to choose from for lunch. I believe there was one option for dinner and they were very accommodating to any dietary restrictions. Dining is done in a communal fashion with 2 long tables. I always mention that since some people are finicky. We didn't mind it and made conversation with the other guests and staff.
Unfortunately the surf was limited due to bad conditions, but normally it sounds like there are some great spots including Frigates. Our surf guide was awesome "Captain Andy!" We ended up just hanging out with other guests and relaxing by the pool, which was nice.
If your looking for a place to go surfing as a couple or with a group of buddies this place is great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu