My husband and I joined eight others for a week of scuba diving at the Waidroka. Each of the couples stayed in the small cottages or bures, which were comfortably rustic. No TV, radio or phone, but we loved it. It was so relaxing. We had great views of the aquamarine ocean and of the wonderfully landscaped property with beautiful flowering plants all around. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay very pleasurable.The food was delicious. We participated in daily events which were informative and a lot of fun. The Kava ceremony, in particular, shouldn't be missed! Wanda and Wade, who manage the resort, were exceptional in doing all they could in making our stay enjoyable. They quickly responded to any problems, however minor. Wanda arranged for our outside tours and, when we asked about using their kayaks or paddleboards, Wade had them ready and waiting. And they're a great couple to have a friendly chat with.
Diving was fabulous! Plenty of beautiful corals and fish. And the Shark Dives were awesome! The dive masters: Loren, Sasha, Allyson, and Rick as well as Ponti, the boat captain, were outstanding. They were very friendly, informative and safety conscious. They quickly changed out the gear between dives, after which we were offered snacks and shared plenty of laughs. We wouldn't hesitate diving with them again. Waidroka was a great place to stay and one day we hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu