We stayed at Waidroka resort in early August 2012. It is close to a 3 hour drive from Nadi airport, but the resort will arrange for a shuttle pick up. Our driver was very friendly and offered to stop if we wanted refreshments and snacks for the ride.
We arrived in the evening at the resort so we really had no idea what the surrounding area looked like. It was a warm welcome and right away we were introduced to the dive managers and surf guides to start plotting out our stay.
On a whole we had a great stay. The staff were so friendly and attentive and you start to feel like a little family with the rest of the resort guests.
We were originally booked in one of the ocean view bures. It’s cute with its private porch and hammock swing, and the bathroom had been newly renovated. Unfortunately though we had problems with rodents. They chewed into my husbands carry on luggage 3 times and kept us up at night as the scratched and scrambled about and in the bure. We mentioned the issue with the rodents right away and were told that they sometimes are a problem due to the wet weather. Not really the answer we were looking for…. We eventually gave up and asked for another room, as we just couldn’t get decent nights sleep. The guests at the other two ocean view bures were having the same issues as well. The managers did fumigate the bures and even went and got a couple of cats to try and help with the problem. But really what needs to happen is the interior of the bures to be stripped out and redone new to fix all of the cracks and holes. It was disappointing to have to change rooms as the view was lovely and it was really nice to have our own outdoor space to hangout and enjoy the afternoons.
Our dive managers Sascha and Lauren were amazing. I’m a new diver and was really nervous about going out on the dives. But Laurens extra attention and care made all the difference. She stayed with me the entire time, kept making sure I was ok and took it nice and easy. She was amazing! Sascha and Lauren are so passionate about what they do and the ocean life that you can’t help but get sucked in my their enthusiasm and excitement. We had such an amazing experience with them and we really hope that we have a chance to dive with them again in the future.
Overall it was an awesome stay. Once they get the ocean view bures updated it will be top notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu