“Beautiful location and super friendly staff”

Waidroka Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Korovisilou
Townsville, australia
“Beautiful location and super friendly staff”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The staff at Waidroka were great! They were friendly and helpful, and made the weekend an excellent getaway. They even arranged for my sunglasses that i left behind to be delivered to me in Suva! Talk about excellent customer service! We went out snorkeling and surfing, and the family style atmosphere was great. Myself and my friends all felt really comfortable there and well looked after. I also did my first dive in a while with them. I was more than nervous before the dive since Im only a novice diver, and the instructors were great. They went over all the basics with me, let me go at my own pace, and made me feel really comfortable. This is something i truly appreciate with dive instructors and schools. Apart from that, the dive was excellent. I cant wait to get back there and do m advanced open water dive course there.
P.S. beautiful location too!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently spent 10 days living at, and diving with, Waidroka Bay Resort; I do not hesitate for an instant in saying it was one of the best dive trips I’ve ever been on. The resort is small and unpretentious, clean and comfortable – the food is very good and meals vary sufficiently to remain appealing over an extended stay. The grounds are nestled into a cove surrounded by rainforest and are well maintained; it is a beautiful, cozy place. But the thing that makes Waidroka Bay Resort highly recommendable is the staff. Everyone there is friendly, personable and incredibly accommodating. I felt more like I was staying with good friends in their guest house than like I was at a resort. And the diving is fabulous! The reef is in very good condition and teeming with all manner of marine life large and small. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper building have an lovely view, but there is a long staircase to contend with going...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The staff at Waidroka are very friendly and accomadating. I stayed in a deluxe ocean front bure. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The food was good and they accomadated my dietary needs since I don't eat seafood and limited gluten. The diving was great escepially Frigates and Rainbow Reef. I wish that the boat ride to the dive sites weren't so long. It would have been nice to come back and have lunch, then go back out for a dive. I enjoyed the people at the resort and family style dinners.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are about 60 steps up a hill. Splurge and go for the bures.
1 Thank DarleneChristian
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Everything was perfect. The staff is so professional, friendly and helpful. Beautiful location. Nothing could have made this trip better.

• Stayed November 2011
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed November 4, 2011

A friend and I booked a stay at Waidroka for 4 nights to take advantage of their surf package. We absolutely LOVED our time spent at this resort! The people that work there are truly amazing. They go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and feel right at home. The accommodations are great and provide wonderful views of the ocean and surrounding hilside. And last but not least, the options for different surf breaks are great. They have a variety of areas they can take you out to by boat that accommodate what your skill level is, and Phil (the surf guide), is wonderful. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who is looking to surf or dive while in Fiji.

1 Thank meghan c
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Visited Waidroka on a day trip by chance to see if I could arrange a trip to Frigates. I was met by the friendly staff at Waidroka (Phil, Neil, & Amanda) who went out of their way to ensure that my request was met. I managed to get a couple of hours surfing at 'pipes' with nobody but Phil and I there followed by a 4 hour surf at Frigates the next day which was fantasic. I surfed 'pipes' again a couple of days later and was able to take my 12 year old son along who spent the time fishing from the boat. I was really impressed by the can do attitude of the staff at Waidroka and I am definitely planning my next trip there with my son in the near future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank James S
Shelly Beach, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

“Great family holiday” does not even come close to just how fantastic our holiday was! What an experience! From world class surfing spots (with no one else out), snorkelling coral reefs, that make Disney’s Finding Nemo look pale, discovery scuba diving, getting qualified for open water diving, diving with sharks, chilling on the verandah, great food, a view that is so good you don’t even want to read your book, learning weaving from Ponti, volleyball before beers and with beers, pool and darts before dinner, lying in the hammock or on the day bed, massages by the ocean, tours of nearby villages, rafting the rivers, happy hour at sunset on the pontoon, Kava on the verandah, bar-b- que night, shopping in Suva, opening coconuts and the zip line, we did it all. Staying at Waidroka is like staying with family who just happen to live in a beautiful secluded rainforest on the famous coral coast of Fiji, and who cater to your every need. Nothing is ever a problem, the atmosphere is relaxed and the accomodation fantastic. You can be as adventurous as you want or just sit and do nothing and soak up the sun and tranquility. Thank you to all the crew at Waidroka for making our family holiday so memorable and utterly magical. We will be back. Love you guys. Thanks heaps. Vinaka Vakalevu.

Room Tip: All are great
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nereida660
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korovisilou
The Warwick Fiji
#1 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Bedarra Beach Inn
Bedarra Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka

Been to Waidroka Bay Resort? Share your experiences!