We just got home and had a wonderful time at Waidroka Bay Resort. The resort overall was very well kept, all staff are exceptionally friendly and will always go out of their way to make you happy. The owner is kind and ate dinner with us every night. First rate service all around. If you are a diver you will LOVE LOVE this place-the dive masters take care of everything for you, including your gear. All you have to do is check to make sure all your equipment is on the boat prior to departure.
There isn't any air conditioning so pay the extra to stay in an oceanfront bure-don't stay in a 'panoramic view room'. Those rooms are above the main resort and can get very hot.
If you are expecting a beach resort (with white sandy beaches) this isn't the place for you, look at pictures that are posted. Having said that if you are a diver they will sometimes take you to a beach for your surface interval which is very fun.
One more tip-once you are at the resort you are there unless you want to pay to go into Pacific Harbor (75 fijian) so make sure you buy your alcohol at the airport and any snacks you might like in the evenings after diving.
This resort is VERY FUN. We had a couple of Kava parties (do your own research on what that is) and on our last day we had a BBQ and volleyball tournament with the staff (with the manager betting a cooler of beer for the winner). Although this is a secluded resort you won't be bored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort
- Waidroka Bay Resort Fiji/Viti Levu