“good brisket”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bbq brisket was excellent. The had a couple different sauces at the table. Their own mix and a commercial variety. I preferred their own blend.
Service was good and everyone was very friendly.
If I'm passing through Wikieup again I will eat here for sure.

1  Thank Alex H

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place is really good, especially the ribs which are unusually meaty and well trimmed. The sauces are great and the owner and his wife? are both very friendly. I drive this way quite often and the are sometimes inexplicably closed, so maybe you don't want to go out of your way to get here. The drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas is a restaurant wasteland. I guess there's good places to eat in Wickenburg, but it's too close to Phoenix and I've never found anywhere good in Kingman. Joe's really stands out and I try to time my trips so that we hit Wikeup at lunch or dinner. I like to sit out on the patio if the weather is decent and watch all the traffic go by and wonder if they know what they're missing.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

The restaurant is very easy to find as it's right on the highway. It's appearance and interior are basic, there are no fancy tables and chairs. Instead it gives off the feeling of going to an old-fashioned cookhouse.

We ordered the platter to share and it was delicious - we had the brisket, pulled pork, sausage, stuffed pepper, ribs, wings, and very tasty/fresh buns. It came with two sides, but really, the sides aren't even important. We opted for fries because there was no Mac and Cheese, and the other sides didn't seem any more appealing.

All the meat comes with a dry rub on it and no sauce. We were given two sauces to put on, one homemade and one a mixture of store bought sauces, however we were strongly encouraged to try it without any sauce to get a taste of "real bbq". The meat is a little dryer than other places and doesn't "fall off the bone" but I think that's the way they want it.

The flavour in the meat is delicious, you can taste it immediately and probably won't use any sauce so that you can enjoy the full flavour of it.

They offer 24 hour service via a vending machine/microwave outside. Apparently they keep it stock with fresh meat so that when they are not open you can still get some meat and heat it up. This is a completely foreign concept to me, as I've never heard of it before, but I can see the thought behind it for people who are enjoying the outdoors (ATVing, etc.) and want to get food at odd hours.

Overall I think it's a great place to stop and get a bite. When all you have had is meat that is smothered in sauce you owe it to yourself to try a place that serves the meat by itself to get the full appreciation for it's flavours!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Joe's BBQ was a destination for a BMW bike ride on a beautiful Sunday. Most of us had never heard of the place, but after lunch all agreed that we would stop again next time we are driving between Las Vegas and Phoenix. It is absolutely wonderful. I had the "Heaven on a Bun", which was a combination of pork and brisket. It was a hearty serving, falling off the bun on all sides and came with two sides. I am not a huge BBQ fan, but I look forward to a return trip to Joe's. My sandwich did not have the heavy mesquitte flavor that I do not like. Only a few small tables outside. Inside there are about about ten or so picnic tables.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I stopped for lunch yesterday and it was just great. We have twin 2 year old boys and everyone was really kind and helpful with them and us - nothing too much trouble. The food was fantastic ( even though we were told it would have been even better if joe had been cooking as he was resting a damaged leg). This place is just so much nicer thn the regular chains that litter every highway and we came away with bigs smiles and great memories of perfect road trip lunch. Thanks to Joe, Rose no everyone...

PS - one thing. The location on Googlemaps is slightly wrong. It's actually about half a mile further south just past Dazzo's (rather than before as currently shown)