“Down-Home Food, Generous Portions, Friendly Staff”
Review of Horseshoe Cafe

Horseshoe Cafe
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Wickenburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Payson, AZ
“Down-Home Food, Generous Portions, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I can't read the menu without my glasses, so I finally give up and just order what I want to eat. She will tell me if they can’t handle it, right?

Two eggs, over easy, bacon, home fries with onions and sour dough toast. “Don’t you want to try one of our biscuits?” she asks. I am already being adventurous ordering eggs over easy so I tell her “why not?”

When my food arrives I discover I have stumbled into one of the few remaining down-home cafe’s left in America.

Nothing frozen. Everything cooked fresh. And a cook that knows what the heck Over Easy means. Bacon that is not too done, not too chewy and tastes like it was cooked in a seasoned cast iron skillet. Home fries with onions cooked to perfection and served in a generous portion. A freshly baked biscuit that is at least 3 inches tall.

Yep, I have died and gone to heaven right here in Wickenburg, Arizona, population 5000.

2 Thank Cenay

Tucson
“Great service, ok food”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Seems to be the place the locals go, very friendly waitress and reasonable prices. Had what seemed to be the signature item, biscuits and gravy and was disappointed. The country/sawmill gravy was very good but the biscuit was nothing special. Mom had raisin french toast and that was fine.

Not open for dinner.

California
“You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant (er, Horseshoe Cafe)”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We stopped here on the way from Prescott to San Diego. Not many choices in Wickenburg so we went on the one tripadvisor review we found. Pretty much the same as in 2005. Good basic food; we had breakfast and the service was good also. Reminiscent of the song "Alice doesn't live here anymore"

Los Angeles, California
“Old fashioned grub in Wickenburg”
Reviewed September 6, 2005

Before the I-10 stretched from Los Angeles to Phoenix, it stopped at the Arizona border. Drivers had to get to Phoenix via Hwy 60, through the old west town of Wickenburg. In times past, this was the dude ranch capital of Arizona, with hitching posts on the street and feed shops up and down the main drag. Times have changed, but the western feel is still there. Now, if you are passing through, you can still get a tummy-filling meal at the Horseshoe Cafe, which is going strong after 50+ years there. It's open for breakfast and lunch, and does the usual kinds of dishes. I've had good bisquits and gravy, patty melts and omelettes, served on tables covered with red checked oilcloth. It may not be the 5 star restaurants of Scottsdale, but if you'd like a down home meal at a reasonable price, try it. Across the road is the Cowboy museum (full of old memorabilia of decades past) and a great western wear store.

4 Thank Kittygal