“Good, Country Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Surprise, Arizona
“Good, Country Breakfast”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Im not sure how they get their home fries to taste the way they do, but I'm glad they do! And the biscuits and gravy are really tasty, despite the fact that the gravy is way too thick (like mayonnaise). Great service, western atmosphere and decor. I always stop in before going to the feed store in Wickenburg,

• Visited June 2014

Payson, Arizona
“Ugh!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

After reading all the good reviews here I had to look at the pictures to make sure we were talking about the same place. Sadly we are. I was driving through Wickenburg and stopped at the Horseshoe for breakfast. I pulled out a chair to sit at a table and the upholstery on the chair looked like it had gone through WWII with the Russian army. Seriously, I don't know how a chair could get that dirty. But I have a strong stomach and persevered. After I ordered I noticed the sign on the wall above my table which said "You can pick your nose, you can pick your friend's nose, but don't pick my plastic". Huh? Was it supposed to be funny? I'm still not sure and I was beginning to wonder if my stomach really was strong enough for this place. Breakfast was tolerable -- it's hard to mess up scrambled eggs, toast, and hash browns -- and I think I escaped without any serious consequences. The service was fine and prices were ok, but I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank stilltraveling65
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“I Want to Be a Local!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This morning we left the Rancho des los Caballeros for Miraval Spa, our last stop before heading home. Instead of partaking in the buffet at the ranch, Len and I stopped at the local Horseshoe Cafe for a bit of breakfast. Cute place. Lots of cowboy logic and wise ponderings on the walls......I asked for an 'off the menu' item, an egg white omelette. Accompanying its delivery was a bit of a buzz in the restaurant. In fact, a cowboy followed the arrival of my breakfast and inquired as to what I had ordered. I proudly told him it was my own creation 'off the menu'. To the chef's dismay, my new cowboy friend announced he was having the same order. (FYI, egg white omelette with jalapenos, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and pepperjack cheese) If you look at the photos, the chef is wearing a bandana and came out of the kitchen to clarify to all diners that the egg white omelette was actually 'the pain in the butt omelette'. I asked him to name it after me, but we'll see if that actually happens. Before you knew it, I had made friends with the locals and my new cowboy friend wanting his photo taken!! Happy to oblige!! We highly recommend the Horseshoe Cafe!! The food was great and we haven't had that much fun in a long time!

• Visited March 2014
Pgh., PA
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great spot for lunch. Reuben sandwich was good but the talk of the town are their biscuits and gravy. I also tried the "turkey dinner" sandwich with turkey, stuffing, and cranberries. It put me in a holiday spirit.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pgh_PAGjc
Tucson, Arizona
“Hearty breakfast”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I heard the sausage gravy was great. I don't eat biscuits, but they do offer the gravy on chicken-fried steak. Loved it. Also recommend the spicy home fries (also not on my diet, but I splurged.)

Visited March 2014